Ebenezer Ale House Opens Second Location
A new Ale House is coming to town, the town of Eden that is. Nate Springer and Shawn Schweis, co-owners of Ebenezer Ale House in West Seneca will open a second location in Eden, NY called Eden Ale House. They hope to open the doors in April 2014, depending of course on how smoothly things run. Come this spring you can find them at the former O’Briens Pub & Steak House location on North Main. Rumors of Hamburg’s Edies Pizza opening a second location in the same space are officially debunked.
If you’ve been to West Seneca’s Ebenezer Ale House, you know they’re widely known for their Happy Hour specials, their 21 taps and extensive menu. The Eden Ale House will have a similar food and beer menu, atmosphere, etc. Initially everything will be scaled down, largely due to space restrictions explained co-owner Nate Springer. They plan to have 14 taps to open Eden Ale House including Flying Bison’s Aviator Red, which they use in their beer batter. Side note: Ebenezer’s Ale House was recently featured on our Top 10 Fish Fry Places in the SouthTowns. Other than the brews they use to cook up food, the beer menu changes often.
If the Happy Hour specials are as similar to the original location as Nate described, we are in for a treat. People rave about the $3 pints of craft beer, and half priced appetizers in West Seneca. From what I’ve heard it is a whole lot of bang for your buck, in a fun and enjoyable atmosphere to top it off. It’s possible that several of the menu items at Ebenezer will carry over to Eden, for example:
Alehouse Menu Favorites:
- Alehouse Angels* – Bronzed bacon-wrapped shrimp, lime creole mustard dressing $10.49 (Appetizer)
- Chopped Spinach Salad* – Spinach, romaine, goat cheese, roasted red onions, glazed cayenne pecans, egg, bacon, hot bacon mustard dressing $8.99
- Ale House Burger* – Stout-caramelized onion, sautéed mushrooms, bacon, cheddar, buttered, grilled roll $10.49
- The Betty* – Sage-roasted turkey, bacon, cheddar, lettuce, tomato, cranberry mayo, sourdough bread, Single $7.99 Double Decker $9.99 (Sandwich)
- Mac and Cheese* – Smoked gouda, cheddar, parmesan, cream, prosciutto, pasta $9.99, Add grilled or cajun fried chicken $1.99, Add seasoned, sautéed shrimp $3.99
Third Ale House
The Ale House duo doesn’t plan to stop in Eden. Nate tells me a similar project had been (and still is) in the works in the North Towns for a while when they came across the opportunity for the Eden location. Complications in the space have delayed the opening, but they hope to reveal their third location sometime this year.
Rusty Nickel Brewing
On top of everything else, the Ale House crew has Rusty Nickel Brewing Co. forming in a building behind their West Seneca location founded by a team of beer enthusiasts, Jason, Dave and Scott. The hope is that the brewery is open for retail by late summer/early fall of 2014. The Ale House guys plan to carry Rusty Nickel beer at each of their locations as it becomes available.
Sounds good to us!
Eden Ale House Details:
Coming Soon – April 2014
8557 N Main St, Eden, NY 14057
Ebenezer Ale House Details:
4348 Seneca St., West Seneca, NY
Want Buffalo Restaurants, Events & Things to Do Weekly?
Subscribe to our newsletter!
LATEST FEATURED RESTAURANTS
Watch SOB Videos