About Step Out Buffalo
Step Out Buffalo is a pro-Buffalo media company. We cover events, restaurants, and entertainment happening in Western New York as well as produce our own events in Buffalo and beyond.
We’re a business that’s still in start-up mode and looking to work with individuals who are self-motivated, have positive attitudes, love stepping out and exploring our city, and are more interested in the community and less in a plain ol’ 9-5 gig that makes them hate Mondays. As professed Buffalovers, we want to add people to our team who love Buffalo/WNY and are interested in taking part in the resurgence of our region. For more info about Step Out Buffalo, visit stepoutbuffalobusiness.com.
Full Time Positions
There are no full time positions available at this time.
Are you a passionate go-getter (yeah, we went there) with a good work ethic and a love for Western New York? (All of which far outweigh the need for experience in our humble opinion.) If you like social media, marketing, event planning, public relations, graphic design, Instagramming everything and anything, writing, editing, keeping up with *all* the changes on every platform ever, piña coladas and getting caught in the rain, or just want to get some great experience at a local startup (we highly recommend this for anyone who might want to be a fun-loving entrepreneur when they grow up), feel free to drop us a line! #runonsentencesarefun
Fall 2020 Internships
Posted: March 9, 2020
Internship Dates: September – December 2020
- Marketing – Are you interested in learning more about marketing in the year we *actually* live in? (Shout out to Gary Vee!) Apply to work with our marketing team and do just that. We market our website, events, and clients. Must be curious, willing to learn, and try new things constantly, because that’s what marketing is all about.
- Event Planning – Step Out Buffalo now has a full-blown events division, meaning we plan a bunch of events that we would want to go to and have a good old time doing it. Some of our events include Cork Head Wine Festival, Buffalo Bloody Mary Fest, and Fall Makers + Shakers: Boozy Artisan Market. (Disclaimer: “full-blown” means we’re v busy and plan tons of events, not that we have a ten-person event team and an amazing office.) If you want/need event planning experience, we can help (and could use your help!).
All internships are unpaid and students must receive school credit in return. (Students without course credit will be accepted on a case by case basis.) Interns are required to come into the Step Out Buffalo office (located in Hamburg, NY) a minimum of 10 hours per week. We promise to give you some killer opportunities to build your portfolio and learn by *actually* doing.
- Start Date: Week of Aug 31, 2020
- End Date: Week of Dec 21, 2020
How to apply:
To apply, please fill out this online application: This application is closed
Fall 2020 Application Deadline: June 13, 2020
We’re always looking for new, talented freelancer contributors who have a passion for showing off the best of WNY. Think you’d be a great fit? Email us!
Freelance Tik Tok Content Creator
Freelance TikTok Content Creator Description: Step Out Buffalo is looking for a passionate TikTok creator in the Western New York area to join our team as a freelance contributor. If you are skilled at creating TikTok videos and are interested in doing so based on topics featured on StepOutBuffalo.com, we urge you to reach out about working with us as we grow the Step Out Buffalo brand on TikTok.
How to apply:
Please email us the following to email@example.com:
- A minimum of 3 TikTok content samples (the more the better!)
- Your resume
- A couple details about yourself
- Why you think you’d be a good fit for this contributor position
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Please email us your resume, a minimum of two writing samples, and a list of topic ideas you would like to write for Step Out Buffalo along with why you think you’d be a good fit to firstname.lastname@example.org.