Modern Italian Dining in Tuscan Farmhouse Setting
The Aroma Group has opened their third restaurant on North French in East Amherst – Trattoria Aroma on North French. Noted for some of the finest modern Italian food in the western New York area, the group plans to keep on keeping on. This is the kind of Italian you find in the best restaurants in Florence and Rome. For fans of their other eateries- Trattoria Aroma on Bryant in Buffalo and Trattoria Aroma on Main Street in Williamsville (myself included, read review)- you can expect to see many of the stalwarts from both menus, with a few surprises sprinkled on top. Click here to see the menu.
House made pasta dishes (just a few examples):
- Pappardelle alla Lepre – Riesling-braised Emerald Farm rabbit, vegetable ragu bianca, fresh rosemary, goat cheese – $24;
- Orecchiette con Pollo – Roasted chicken, prosciutto, peas, roasted garlic, gorgonzola cream – $23;
- Tagliatelle Bolognese – Slow-cooked hearty ragu of Hansen Farm beef, Forever Farm pork and veal – $24
Brick oven pizza (a few mentions):
- Funghi – Roasted mushrooms, pancetta, caramelized onions, fontina, truffle oil – $15;
- Porchetta – roasted local pork, caramelized fennel, onion, arugula, herbs, burrata, olive oil – $15
- Vulcano – Spicy sausage, fresh banana peppers, rapini, roasted peppers, goat cheese, ricotta, chili oil -$15
- Parma – Prosciutto, sundried tomato, red onion, roasted garlic, mozzarella – $15;
Additionally some Modern Italian dishes like:
- Chianti-Braised Beef Short Ribs- Sweet corn-cipollini onion risotto, sugo di pan – $26
- 16oz. Bone-In Strip Steak- Locally raised grass-fed beef, herb grilled, Parma prosciutto-fontina-potato croquette, wilted spinach-bacon sauté, bone-marrow demi – $36
- Pollo Milanese – Roasted garlic risotto, mushroom ragu, fresh arugula, salsa verde con limone – $25
- Herb Roasted Salmon- Gnocchi, Swiss chard, house-made bacon arrabiata, aioli – $25
Tuscan Farmhouses, Reclaimed Wood
Trattoria Aroma on North French is located at in a newly built group of shops and apartments near Transit Road. The new construction gave owners Breen Shea and David Consentino the opportunity to start with a blank canvas. The stunning decor was inspired by the farmhouses of Tuscany and was made using locally reclaimed wood for the walls and tables.
The Aroma group has been sourcing the best local providers for years. They make their own pastas, breads and sausage in house. They get much of their cheese, pork, beef, veal and eggs from local farmers.
The kitchen is led by Chef Keith Dulak, a long time member of the Aroma family who was previously at both Trattoria Aroma Main and Trattoria Aroma Buffalo. Each location’s menu is a combination shared Aroma group dishes and chef specific creations. In addition to outstanding food, at a great value I might add, Aroma also boasts terrific options in the wine, beer and cocktail categories. They have a full bar at North French, a few craft beers and Peroni on tap, several beers by the bottle, and a wonderful wine list.
The three trattorias join Vino Aroma wine shop (Main street in Williamsville), and Caffe Aroma (Elmwood in Buffalo) as part of the Aroma Group.
Trattoria Aroma on North French will fit in nicely in this area of growth, both in terms of population and fine eating establishments. If you haven’t tried one of the Trattoria Aroma restaurants you should not wait – excellent food and service at a great value. If you’ve already been to one of the other locations, you already know how good it is.
4840 North French Road
Amherst, NY 14501
SOB LISTING | Website