Lancaster Opera HouseAddress
21 Central Avenue
Lancaster, NY 14086
The Lancaster Opera House is a reminder of an early American tradition. In previous centuries, it was not unusual to combine a music hall with a town’s main governmental building. These multi-functional halls were often called “Opera Houses”, whether or not opera was, in fact, performed. The Lancaster Opera House, designed by George J. Metzger, is one of only a few such Town Hall Opera Houses left in the country.
The desire of the designer for an adaptable space is evident from the fact that the 52 by 57 foot maple auditorium floor is level, and unobstructed by balcony supports. Removable seating in the main floor can be easily cleared for dancing. The balcony is suspended by iron rods secured to massive attic timbers. The liberal use of long-leaf yellow pine in door and window frames, wainscoting, and balcony balustrade lends to the Opera House a feeling of warmth, and produces excellent acoustics.
BOX OFFICE HOURS: Monday-Friday 9:30am- 4:00pm. On a day when a performance is scheduled, the Box Office will be open one hour before show time. Our Box Office is located at 21 Central Avenue on the second floor of the theatre. Closed on federal, state, and town holidays.
METHOD OF PAYMENT: Cash, local checks, American Express, Discover, Mastercard, and Visa. Gift cards can only be redeemed at the box office. The Box Office will be closed on all major holidays.
Upcoming Events at Lancaster Opera House
- Patsy Cline Tribute - Friday Mar. 24, 2017 @ 7:30 pm
- Chicago Tribute - Saturday Mar. 25, 2017 @ 7:30 pm
- Miss Nelson is MISSING! - Friday Mar. 31, 2017 - Sunday Apr. 02, 2017 @ All Day
- Creedence Clearwater Revival Tribute - Friday Apr. 07, 2017 @ 7:30 pm
- Hotel California: A Tribute to the Eagles - Saturday Apr. 08, 2017 @ 7:30 pm
- Nickel City Opera - Sunday Apr. 09, 2017 @ 7:30 pm
- Godspell - Friday Apr. 21, 2017 - Sunday Apr. 23, 2017 @ All Day
- Godspell - Thursday Apr. 27, 2017 - Sunday Apr. 30, 2017 @ All Day
- 2017-2018 Season Preview Party and Fundraiser - Tuesday May. 02, 2017 @ 7:00 pm
- Godspell - Thursday May. 04, 2017 - Sunday May. 07, 2017 @ All Day
- Run For Your Wife - Friday May. 12, 2017 - Sunday May. 14, 2017 @ All Day
- Run For Your Wife - Friday May. 19, 2017 - Sunday May. 21, 2017 @ All Day
- Carmarie's Seniors - Tuesday May. 23, 2017 @ 2:30 pm
- Carnival Kids Steel Orchestra - Wednesday May. 24, 2017 @ 7:00 pm
- The Light in the Piazza - Friday Jun. 02, 2017 - Sunday Jun. 04, 2017 @ All Day
- The Light in the Piazza - Thursday Jun. 08, 2017 - Sunday Jun. 11, 2017 @ All Day
- The Light in the Piazza - Thursday Jun. 15, 2017 - Sunday Jun. 18, 2017 @ All Day