Shea’s Performing Arts CenterAddress
646 Main Street
Buffalo, New York 14202
Shea’s Performing Arts Center, a National Historic Site, is Buffalo’s premier theatre with its elaborate architecture and stunning interior decor. Designed by architects C.W. and George L. Rapp, this building boasts interior designed by Tiffany Studios featuring a Neo-Spanish Baroque design and is modeled after a European opera house. It originally opened in 1926 as a movie house under the direction of Mr. Michael Shea. Since then, the theatre continues to be maintained and restored to its original grandeur.
Since opening its doors in 1926, there have been many great performers that have graced the stage at Shea’s including George Burns, Frank Sinatra, The Marx Brothers, and Bing Crosby, among others. The theatre also features the Western New York Entertainment Hall of Fame with inductees Lucille O’Ball, Buffalo Bob, and Christine Baranski, among others, whose portraits grace the Petit Lobby.
Upcoming Events at Shea’s Performing Arts Center
- SHAPING SOUND - Sunday Mar. 05, 2017 @ 6:00 pm
- Sesame Street Live - Wednesday Mar. 08, 2017 - Sunday Mar. 12, 2017 @ 6:30 pm
- Theresa Caputo Live - Wednesday Mar. 22, 2017 @ 7:30 pm
- SEBASTIAN MANISCALCO - Saturday Mar. 25, 2017 @ 7:00 pm
- The Sound of Music - Tuesday Mar. 28, 2017 - Sunday Apr. 02, 2017 @ 7:30 pm
- ROCKTOPIA LIVE - Tuesday Apr. 11, 2017 @ 12:00 am
- Celtic Woman - Tuesday Apr. 18, 2017 @ 7:00 pm
- CABARET - Tuesday Apr. 25, 2017 - Sunday Apr. 30, 2017 @ 7:30 pm