New BOSS Offers Exciting
- Chef Vincent Thompson
What was once Fiamma is now BOSS – Buffalo’s Original Steak and Seafood. Much more than a name change and a remodel- everything is new and different according to owner Michael Vaccaro. New look, new menu, new management and a new chef.
On the food end of the spectrum new Chef Vincent (Vinny) Thompson has moved over from sister restaurant Bambino Bar & Kitchen to take the helm at BOSS. Some of his favorites on the novel menu include:
- Raw Yellow Fin (compressed watermellon, radish, yuzu) $14
- Marinated Sea Scallop (Blood orange, chillies, cucumber) $13
- Roasted Halibut (Parsnip gnochhi, braised leeks, tomato saffron broth, caponata) $30
- Spinalis Rib Cap (10 oz. prime, the Spinalis is the super tender, heavily marbled muscle running around the outside of a Ribeye- huge in flavor)-$45,
- Coulotte (10 oz. American Wagu, is cut from the top portion or “cap” of the sirloin. The most marbled part of the sirloin with a coarse structure, surprisingly tender and flavorful) -$29.
A few more outstanding menu items:
- Heritage Pork Belly – smoked, BBQ gastrique, farm eggs, pickled vegetable -$12
- Handcrafted Gnocchetti pasta- wildboar Sugo/Burrata -$12
- Heritage Pork Tenderloin with polenta, speck ,crispy kale apple chutney - $26.
- Veal Porterhouse – Porcini risotto, Marsala, black truffle – $39
- King Crab – $38/$69
- Lobster – $39
On the inside the look is brand new too with new carpet, new colors and a whole new style. Thankfully, the beautiful stone walls and fireplaces remain intact. Keep in mind BOSS has a regal private dining room upstairs.
Check out the full menu here and don’t forget to give them a call next time you’re heading up to Hertle. Reservations strongly recommended.
1735 Hertel Ave. Buffalo NY 14216
LATEST FEATURED RESTAURANTS
Watch SOB Videos