There is no doubt that Buffalo is one of the best places to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day (literally, it was named the second best city in the United States to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day). Thanks to our large Irish and Irish-during-the-month-of-March population we have rightfully earned our reputation as superb hooley-throwers…and if you’ve ever done any of the following things on or around St. Patrick’s Day you know exactly why. Comhghairdeas if you’ve done ‘em all.
- Fully embraced kegs and eggs – After all, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and breakfast beers are the most important drink
- Drank a beer (or 3) before 11am – The entire month of March is a judgement-free zone so it’s ok
- Attended one – if not both – St. Patrick’s Day parades – It’s kinda our thing so just embrace it
- Marched in/known someone marching in one of – or both of – the parades – Give me some green beads would ya?
- Encountered at least one person in a full-on green body suit – May the beer-goggle force be with you. PS: if you think it would be fun to be that person you’re probably drinking right now.
- Carried at least a case’s worth of beer in that backpack you still own/only bring out for St. Patrick’s Day – At one point it probably carried your books in high school…and possibly your beers too
- Eaten a corned beef sandwich at a community center and/or a bar that is only serving corned beef for the next 48 hours – This is the best corned beef sandwich I’ve ever had
- Swayed back and forth with a bunch of people you don’t know while an old Irish man sings the songs of Ireland and another old Irish man plays some type of instrument – I’m not crying, YOU’RE crying
- Turned into that person/are friends with that person who magically thinks they’re an Irish dancer and is not apologizing for it – If 5 year olds can do it so can I!
- Bar-hopped between bars whose names include any of the following: Mc, Sullivan, Fitzgerald, Irish, Pub, Tavern – It’s basically like being in Ireland
- Dared to ask the question “What’s under the kilt?” – And then immediately regretted that decision
- Eventually wound up in that one bar (you know the one) where everyone you’ve ever met seems to be and you had every intention of avoiding but here you are – Don’t look now but there’s my fourth grade crush
- Drank or have been forced to drink an Irish car bomb – Where did this come from? Whatever, cheers!
- Turned the whole bar into one big Irish karaoke session – Her eeeeeyes they shone like the diamoooooonds, you’d think she was queen of the laaaaaand
- Woke up the next day with something you most certainly did *not* have the day before – This is not my Dr. Seuss hat
How many of these have you proudly done? Share this post and let your friends know what the next couple of weeks will entail!