When attendance rates soar above 35K at an event, it’s a sign of success. The Niagara County Fair easily makes that list. This really is the family-friendly event of the season, being the largest youth fair in the entire state.
Here are 5 reasons to check out the Niagara County Fair this summer:
- If you are hungry and thirsty… A fresh shake or float from the milk bar is the best way to start a day of fair fun. That’s only the beginning because man this year’s vendor list is long and sounds real tasty. Baby back ribs, bang bang shrimp, smoked kielbasa, German pretzels, the list goes on and on. With over 25 fair food vendors, there’s something to satisfy every craving at the Niagara County Fair… and remember, Fair calories don’t count.
- If you’re an animal lover… Have you ever met a kangaroo? Well now’s your chance! Down Under Animal Encounters will have red kangaroos, grey kangaroos, wallabies, Patagonian cavies, exotic birds and more. In addition to educational animal keeper talks that will be held multiple times daily, fairgoers can pay a small fee to hop into the enclosure and greet the kangaroos, pet them, take selfies and more! (PS-Make sure you say hi to Junior, he’s our favorite!)
- If you love high flying BMX Stunts… The BMX Pros Stunt Show features the world’s most extreme bicycle stunt riders in a spectacular, non-stop, action-packed show on a quarter pipe accompanied by box jumps. The BMX Pros Stunt Team features world renowned X-Games medalists, so expect to see proven talent that’s entertained millions of people around the world. This crowd-pleasing event is definitely a must-see to believe attraction!
- If you love magic shows... The kiddos will love this one. Adults, you will too. Huge crowds have gathered at fairs all across the country for Scott’s World of Magic Show. Visiting Western New York for the first time, expect grand illusions, audience participation, comedy magic, cool special effects, and so much more from these two award-winning illusionists. And hey, you never know it may be your lucky day to get up on stage. This is a fun show for the entire family, only at the Niagara County Fair.
- If you love music… If you’re looking for live music, then you’ll want to slide over to the Niagara County Fair with your dancing shoes on. From rock bands and country, to folk music and oldies, the fairgrounds will be alive with music all 5 days of Fair. Lower Town Trio, Celtic Cross, Mike Hartman Country Band, Little Mountain Band, Hot Country Liners, Midlife Crisis, Carl Motyka Band, Highway Lines, Carmen & Lizzy, and 2nd Time Around, and more will all be performing at the Fair. Their beer tent will be open Friday and Saturday evening from 7-11pm with 90 West (Fri.) and Boogie Monsters (Sat.) jamming out all night.
These are just a few highlights you can expect this year. If you like to plan ahead, check out the full schedule of events to see everything that’s happening starting August 1st through August 5th. If you are a fly by the seat of your pants kind of guy or gal, just go explore. Trust us, the amount of cool stuff happening here is insane.
Niagara County Fair
4487 Lake Avenue (Route 78), Lockport, NY