Each week we round up the best and biggest Buffalo beer news, releases, and events happening in Buffalo and Western New York. Here’s what’s trending:
Want to share your Buffalo/WNY beer news with us? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!
1. First Line Brewing Breaks Ground on New Expansion, Drops Green Pilsner
Orchard Park’s First Line Brewing aren’t taking the pandemic lying down – they are using it as an opportunity to enhance and expand their taproom and brew house. They are adding a new two story addition, which will allow for more first floor seating, as well as second floor seating overlooking the brew house. They are also adding a new 5bbl brew house. They are tentatively planning on a mid-April, May 1 grand re-opening. For the time being, they will continue to offer 4-packs to go.
On March 12, First Line will release Crabby Paddy Lime Pilsner, a green crushable pilsner. The beer is conditioned on tons of real limes. 4-pack 16oz. cans will cost $18.
2. Big Three Brewery Collaboration to Benefit Suicide Prevention
Pressure Drop Brewing and Thin Man are joining Brickyard Brewing on It’s Okay to Not Be Okay, a hazy IPA created to raise money for suicide prevention and mental health awareness. Wheat and oats build a soft profile, while Citra, Mosaic, Galaxy and Vic Secret hops add layers of juicy fruit. 4-pack 16oz. cans will be $25 each. Cans are available for pre-order. Curbside pickup available at Brickyard Pub & BBQ at 11am March 13. Cans will be available for purchase on Ridge Street (in front of the Barrel House) during a pop-up sale with the brewers (10am – 1pm).
3. Double IPA, Triple IPA Coming to Community Beer Works
The releases keep on coming at Community Beer Works, with a new Double IPA and Triple IPA dropping this week. Pop Culture Reference DIPA, a big, juicy, and bold IPA for tropical notes of citrus, mango, grapefruit and peach, and Weekend at Daugherty’s, a TIPA with guava, pineapple and papaya, the latest in their Employee Concept Series from Justin Daugherty, will; be released on March 12 (3pm). Pre-order at communitybeerworks.com/deliveries.
4. Thin Man, Mortalis Partner on New Big Boy Stout
When Thin Man and Mortalis Brewing get together, the result is Aphrodite Jenkins, a 12.5% imperial stout with banana, vanilla, walnut, cinnamon, and cocoa nibs, which takes inspiration from Thin Man’s Awesome Jenkins, and the mythology themes of Mortalis. Cans will be available at all Thin Man taprooms on March 12 (Elmwood, 3pm, Chandler, 4pm, Transit, 4pm). Pre-order at https://thinman.oznr.com.
5. Tasting Notes:
- Pressure Drop will release Philosophy of Logic, a 7.5% hazy IPA, on March 13 (12-5pm).
- Buffalo Brewing will release 1841 Barrel Aged Irish Red, their Irish Red aged in Five & 20 Spirits and Brewing Rye Whiskey barrels, on March 13. Order at buffalo-brewing-company-llc.square.site.
- Join Rusty Nickel Brewing for a 4-course, guided food and beer pairing on March 17 (6pm). Learn about the brewery, their beers, brewing processes, flavor profiles, cooking techniques, and more. Tickets are $32 and can be purchased here.