If you are soooo ready for patio drinking, beach days, and boating adventures you are not alone. We’re right there with you, fam.
Summer is (theoretically) around the corner… Mother Nature we’re looking at you…. and starting the season with confidence (read: fantastic skin) is the best feeling. Good news! OWM Spa, a medical spa located downtown in the Delaware North Building on S. Elmwood and Chippewa, has everything you need to make that feeling a reality.
First things first, what exactly is a Medical Spa?
OWM stands for Osteopathic Wellness Medicine of Western New York and is a specialized concierge wellness center that was founded by Dr Kaplan and his wife Beth Kaplan in 2014. The practice is dedicated to providing comprehensive holistic treatments in an optimal healing environment, designed to provide a rejuvenating experience. In the spirit of promoting complete and integrative wellness, OWM Buffalo integrates private physical therapy and training, therapeutic yoga, nutritional and hormonal medicine, and Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction counseling.
TLDR: Basically, this spa offers qualified doctors and legit medical treatments not offered at non-medical spas.
What does OWM offer that can/will help get flawless skin?
- Photo Facials – These unique facials exist to even out your skin tone because even skin tone is always “in”. We love the sun, but sun damage not so much. Luckily, after one of these bad boys, wrinkles, acne scarring, and dark spots can become less visible.
- Chemical Peels – Featuring PCA Skincare products, this option is one that can only be done in a Medical Spa like OWM. But don’t let that scare you, every peel is customized especially for your skincare needs. If you want to reduce redness, smooth fine lines, even out discoloration, or treat acne a peel could be perfect for you.
- IPL Hair Removal – When it comes time to unpack your summertime wardrobe, it’s pretty freaking exciting, we know this. Dresses, shorts, rompers, and sandals are the best…but shaving is the worst. Honestly, what #girlboss has time for all that? OWM Spa offers a fix for this too – skip the razor and opt for IPL, a hair reduction method that’s a major time saver.
- Regenerative Treatments – As of lately, the aesthetics industry is moving toward regenerative treatments, so it’s super cool to have a local place offering up these services. Rebuilding lost collagen, tightening and lifting skin, smoothing wrinkles, and evening skin tone is possible without the hassle of an invasive procedure. Ask about their PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) Facial, and Venus treatments, such as Venus Viva for skin resurfacing.
- Kerstin Florian Luxury Facials– OWM is the only Spa in this area that carries this skincare line, and one of their Aestheticians, Katerina has won several awards for her work with this line. Including Best of Boston – Facial, Best Facial – Lucky Magazine, Best of Boston – Waxing, and Black Book – InStyle Magazine. SOLD!
Experience is a Must
Experience counts in the medical spa world. The team at OWM Spa Downtown knows skin care, with 40+ years of combined experience between 3 aestheticians who never pass up an opportunity for extra education and training.
Feeling good in your own skin is THE BEST, and OWM Spa Downtown can totally get you there. While you are in the building, def check out the yoga sanctuary, where you will find The Great Yoga Wall. This space is designed for body and mind rejuvenation aka when you need to relax this is everything you could want and more.
BTW, OWM Spa is locally owned and located in the heart of downtown, with parking as an added perk. All the more reason to check it out, right? Get more info at owmbuffalo.com
OWM Spa Downtown
235 S. Elmwood Ave. #120, Buffalo