Each week we round up the best and biggest Buffalo beer news, releases, and events happening in Buffalo and Western New York. Here’s what’s trending:
Want to share your Buffalo/WNY beer news with us? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!
1. Celebrate Halloween This Year With Local Beer
There are a number of options if you’re looking to don your best Halloween costume and grab a fresh locally brewed pint this year. Happening this weekend around Western New York is:
- Halloween Candy Pairing at Magic Bear Beer Cellar
- Spooky Brews & BBQ at One-Eyed Cat Brewing
- Halloween Silent Disco at Resurgence Brewing
- Halloween at Woodcock Brothers
- King-o-Ween Costume Party at Southern Tier Brewing
- Halloween Bash at 12 Gates Brewing
- Nightmare On Chandler Street [Halloween Bash] at Thin Man Chandler
- Halloween Party & Costume Contest at BTR Brews
- Drink Or Treat at Community Beer Works
- Hamburg Halloween Party – Under the Tent
2. Limited Tickets Remain for Inaugural Tap & Craft Festival
The first ever Tap & Craft Festival, coming to the Niagara Falls Convention Center on October 29 (4-9pm), will feature craft brews from more than 30 craft breweries, wineries and cideries from Upstate New York, live music from Storm, food, cornhole and other yard games. There are a limited amount of tickets still remaining for $30 presale ($40 day of), which include admission, commemorative tasting glass and unlimited 3-ounce beer samples. Designated Driver tickets are $10. Tickets can be purchased on Eventbrite via tapandcraft.com.
3. Big Ditch Brewing Teams with Clonakilty Distillery on New Spirit
Big Ditch has partnered with Clonakilty Distillery on a new, very limited collaboration. In November 2021, Big Ditch shipped freshly emptied bourbon barrels that held 2021 Towpath to the Irish distillery, who then filled them with a blend of their whiskey, where it aged for 9 months, adding roast and chocolate notes to the spirits. Representatives from Clonakilty Distillery will be at Big Ditch on October 29 (2-5pm) to preview the whiskey before it’s available in stores. The event is free and snacks and samples will be provided.
4. Aurora Brew Works Launches Beer Advent Calendar Box
While Christmas is still a few months away, Aurora Brew Works have launched their advent-style beer box filled with 24 16oz. cans. Each case includes a variety of styles, including lagers, ambers, stouts, IPAs, sours and more, with no cheap filler beers (their words). Cans are individually numbered and are meant to be enjoyed on each of the 24 days leading up to Christmas. Boxes cost $109 (plus tax) and are available for preorder right now aurorabrewworks.com. You can select in-store pickup or local delivery, for an additional fee. Boxes will be ready for pickup starting November 21.
5. Thin Man Brewery Put New Spin on Minkey Boodle
Thin Man Brewery is releasing a new version of their beloved Minkey Boodle sour on November 4. The new take, Minkey Sunrise, is brewed with raspberry, mango and passionfruit, putting a new spin on Buffalo’s favorite sour. Minkey Sunrise will be available on draft and in 16oz. 4-pack cans at both Thin Man locations.
6. 42 North to Release Apple Cider Donut Pastry Gose
42 North Brewing is set to release Unparalleled Universe, the latest beer in their “The Brewery at the End of the Universe” line, on October 29. This 6% apple cider donut pastry gose features juice made from 100% Blackbird Cider Works estate grown apples as well as barley, oat and wheat malts for body and notes of fresh-baked donut from milk sugar and a touch of cinnamon. Unparalleled Universe will be available wherever great craft beer is sold in Buffalo and Rochester beginning the first week of November.