When the weather turns warmer, us Buffalonians love two things – being outside and drinking beer, and wine and spirits for that matter. Ok, the alcohol thing is actually year round, but still put the two together and LFG. One place that comes to mind where you can accomplish all of those things and more – your local farmers market. The Elmwood Bidwell Farmers Market specifically, which takes place every Saturday from 8am-1pm, rain or shine through November, has a killer lineup of wineries and breweries on hand each week selling their wares. Aka, farmers market essentials.
Here’s who/what you’ll find and when at the Elmwood Bidwell Farmers Market:
- Clarence’s West Shore Brewing Company will be at the market every week with different beers, each available for growler fills (owner Josh Dziomba says that crowlers and variety packs are a possibility in the near future)
- Big Ditch Brewing (June 16, July 14, August 11, September 8, October 6)
- Resurgence Brewing (June 2 & 30, July 28, August 25, September 22, October 20)
- Community Beer Works will be there during select weeks
- Leonard Oaks (June 30, July 21, August 18, September 1 & 15)
- 21 Brix (July 28, August 18, September 22, October 6)
- Victorianbourg (May 26, June 9 & 23, July 14, August 25, September 8 & 29, October 13)
- Long Cliff Vineyard & Winery (May 26, June 2, July 7, August 25, September 15 & 29, October 13 & 27)
- Freedom Run (June 2 & 9, August 4, September 22, October 6)
- Eveningside (June 16, July 21, August 11)
- Schulze (June 23, July 7, August 11, September 1 & 8)
- Niagara Craft Spirits (June 2 & 23, July 14, August 4 & 25, September 15, October 6 & 27, November 3, 10 & 17)
- Barn Dog Craft Distilling (May 26, June 16, July 7 & 28, August 18, September 8 & 29, October 20)
- Black Button Distilling (June 9 & 30, July 21, August 11, September 1 & 22, October 13)
While you’re out shopping for locally crafted adult libations at the Elmwood Bidwell Farmers Market, you can also check a few other things off your shopping list, as the market also features vendors selling fruits, vegetables, baked goods, organics, fresh meat, cut flowers, eggs, dairy, honey, maple syrup, cheese and more. Products available at the market are always fresh, seasonal and local. Some new vendors in 2018 include Sitka Salmon, Five Points Bakery and Spar’s European Sausage & Meats.
In addition, HEAL Bflo offers free weekly yoga classes from 10-11am (classes begin June 2 on the west side of Elmwood Avenue, directly beyond the market), live music takes place 9:30am-12:30 pm (weather permitting), KidBiz will bring its young entrepreneurs to the market on June 16, July 7 and August 4 and the Wellness Institute of Greater Buffalo will host Wellness Lane events on July 21 and August 18.
Elmwood Bidwell Farmers Market
Corner of Elmwood Avenue & Bidwell Parkway in the Elmwood Village
Hours: 8am to 1pm Saturdays through November