Potter’s Field Restaurant & Pub is an eye-catching neighborhood tavern on Potters Rd. in West Seneca. If you’ve gone down that road chances are you spotted it and said to yourself “I’d like to stop in there for a beer and a bite”. I know I have for years. Well, I finally made it and I’m pleased to say it’s even better than it looks.
There is no doubt this is a pub as the bar takes up about half the footprint, but it has a comfortable family feel to it. We stopped in for lunch and were immediately greeted by the fine aroma of quality cooking… and a friendly waitress.
The place was warmly decorated with local paraphernalia, bar knickknacks and pretty Christmas decor. Stamped tin ceiling, handsome wood bar, trim and floors add to the inviting atmosphere with about a dozen tables throughout.
The menu at Potters Field is surprisingly hefty based on the limited space. We ordered from the $6.99 lunch menu- all wraps and sandwiches are served with fresh warm chips. In addition to the typical Buffalo pub grub- wings, burgers, beef on Weck, they offer a long list of mouthwatering choices:
- A nice selection of soups – Baked French Onion, Stuffed Banana Pepper and a soup du jour. You can get the soup sampler (all three) for just $4.99.
- An outstanding choice of salads Chef, classic Caesar, souvlaki, iceberg wedge and rosemary chicken.
- Panko crusted fingers, homemade pizza logs, stuffed banana peppers and gorgonzola steak quesadilla, flat bread pizza of the day and Reuben bites.
- In addition to all this they offer another ~15 sandwiches/wraps on their lunch menu.
Some of the more interesting items:
- Italian Sausage Stuffed Meatloaf Sandwich- topped with onions, peppers and provolone.
- Irish BLT – corned beef, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and mayo on a croissant roll.
- The MikeBean- sliced fried chicken, cheddar, bacon, lettuce, tomato and ranch on a Castanzo roll.
We ordered a cup of the Stuffed Banana Pepper soup ($3.99). Perfect for a winter day. Creamy and cheesy with a lot of banana pepper flavor, but not too much heat.
We also tried the Philly Cheese Steak Wrap- chopped steak, hot and sweet peppers, onions, mushrooms, cheddar, lettuce and tomato.
Pulled Chicken Sliders (2) – chipotle-pineapple BBQ topped with cheddar and onion. In addition to the warm chips, which were very good, each comes with a couple pickle slices.
They have a nice selection of beers. I counted six on tap and plenty more by the bottle. We didn’t get a chance to see the diner menu, but based on what we had for lunch it is definitely on my return list. Rumor has it the wings are great and the Reuben is awesome. Next time you drive by take the leap and stop in for one at least.
425 Potters Rd
West Seneca, NY