This past Sunday, I decided to try a healthy brunchin’ alternative. I skipped bottomless mimosas, and started my Sunday Funday with a juice shot at The Healthy Scratch.
This super cute grab-and-go-cafe has a beautiful view of Canalside from the tables near the windows, as well as solo bar seating. I decided to sit and stay and treat myself to a solo brunch.
- Caramel Cold Brew: Made with caramel and almond milk.
- Detox Shot: Apple cider vinegar, lemon, and cayenne.
- Grilled Veggie Sandwich: Grilled zucchini, squash & red onion, roasted red pepper, balsamic glaze, goat cheese, mesclun greens, and tomato on ciabatta bread.
- Really Went Down Bowl: Banana cacao base topped with peanut butter, banana, strawberry, cacao nibs, chocolate granola, coconut, chia seeds, and honey.
- Bring Me Back: Cold pressed juice with beet, orange, ginger, cucumber, lemon, and coconut water.
- Get Lit: Cold pressed juice with pineapple, cucumber, kale, jalapeno, spinach, and macha.
The crisp crunch of ciabatta + creamy goat cheese + veggies, veggies, and more veggies come together to create a spectacular sandwich. I loved bite after bite because each had its own combination of flavors. The best part? This grilled veggie sandwich is nutritious.
Dessert for breakfast is the dream. When I saw the ingredients, I was sold. Peanut butter, chocolate, and strawberries, that’s my kinda bowl. Yummy, healthy, and protein-packed? This breakfast bowl is checking all the boxes. This was a treat, and somehow super healthy, too.
The Healthy Scratch has their very own brand of cold-pressed juices complete with clever names, bright colors, and refreshing flavors. I selected my drinks strategically, with a plan to detox, recover, and energize.
Pro Tip: Always start with a shot. The detox shot is just the hangover fix everyone needs after a night out, me included. I saved the Bring Me Back for post-spin class recovery and Get Lit for a boost of energy come Monday morning. The refreshing cucumbers paired with a hint of spice definitely works for both these juices.
Did you know the Pegula sisters opened the first location at the HarborCenter back in 2016, and the second location opened at Roswell Park Campus less than a month ago? Healthy brunchin’ is totally fun, and totally guilt-free, so the next time you make brunch plans think of The Healthy Scratch.
The Healthy Scratch
75 Main St., Buffalo
Open Monday-Friday 6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.