“When you mention Buffalo, NY, most people usually think of snow… But there’s so much more to Buffalo than its legendary winters, and there’s no better place to enjoy pet-friendly adventures and activities.”
YOU GUYS. We did it. We made it. We’ve peaked. Buffalo was just named by Buzzfeed as “The Best Dog-Friendly City”. If you’re keeping score, we’ve officially been named the coolest summer city, the ultimate pizza destination, a city of architectural wonder, one of the top cities to visit in 2018, AND NOW THIS. This might be the best of them all, tbh.
What were some of Buzzfeed’s reasons for this delightful honor? Here’s a few:
- “Buffalo is full of beautiful parks that offer a variety of fun activities for pups and their owners.” BONUS: Check out our list of dog parks in WNY here!
- “There’s nothing more refreshing for a pup than a swim in the Great Lakes or one of the area’s smaller inland lakes.” BONUS: Check out these adorable pics of Buffalo dogs enjoying their summer here!
- “There are plenty of smaller falls to enjoy too, and a wide variety of dog-friendly trails and hiking areas.”
- “…nothing beats a walk in the city! Many of the stores downtown are pet-friendly and there is plenty of green space for pups to relax.”
- “There are PAWESOME pet-friendly stores that make it easy to shop local.”
- “There are plenty of dog-friendly places to eat and drink in the area.” BONUS: Check out our list of every dog-friendly patio in WNY here!
- “Buffalo also has a ton of breweries that let you bring your dog along, so both of you can enjoy Yappy Hour.”
- “Buffalo is also known for its incredible ice cream shops, and many of them offer dog-friendly treats.”
- “The Buffalo Bisons even host dog-friendly baseball games, so you can bring your best friend to enjoy the game with you.”
- “There are PAWESOME dog-friendly hotels that will make both you and your pup feel right at home.”