In 2005, Michael Poczkalski started michael P. design, an interior design firm specializing in residential and commercial interiors. Discovering the need for high-level design products, he and partner David Brugh opened room, a luxury furniture boutique offering Buffalo NY classic contemporary home styling by featuring a stunning selection of furniture, tableware, rugs and accessories.
Having built a loyal following over the years, we expanded with the opening of BABYroom, which epitomizes “baby cool,” bringing a playful mix of gifting and high design to our flagship Hertel Avenue location. Additionally, we take pride in carrying sustainable brands and have a passion for regional, responsible and eco-friendly design.
This modern department store concept will include the following:
- room – On the main floor, room will offer a newly curated furniture collection highlighting the best in furniture and home trends. Gifting and accessories will feature a selection of high-end unique items that have a more limited availability than a typical big box or national retail chain. Expanded retail offerings will include jewelry, scarves, bags, dishware, glassware, outdoor lifestyle and picnic baskets. Couples will also be able to have a wedding registry with room at The Monocle.
- michael P. design – The Monocle will host the design offices of michael P. design and the team of five designers. Residing on the newly created mezzanine level, the michael P. design offices will overlook the room showroom floor.
- Crockett and Co. Barbershop – Crockett and Co. Barbershop will occupy the lower level of the building offering services such as traditional wet shaves, full beard trimming and time-honored classic barber services haircuts. Crockett & Co.’s offerings are inspired by the grand heritage of the olden days but tailored for modern, style-conscious individuals.
- Apothecary – An extension of Crockett & Co. will be a traditional apothecary offering unisex face, hair and body products as well as fragrances. The Apothecary would be located on the lower level featuring exclusive product lines.
- Library – Located on the lower level adjacent to Crockett & Co., a cozy Library with fireplace will offer a place for guests for a brief respite from shopping. The Library will also feature additional gifting such as books and cocktail ware.
- Mr. Potts Coffee & Tea Emporium – Mr. Potts will be The Monocle’s prime social setting that focuses on an assortment of specialty in-house baked goods, exotic teas and locally sourced coffee. A curated collection of cocktails and wines, as well as lunch and traditional tea service, will be added to the lineup in Spring of 2022.