Photo courtesy of Elmhurst Milked
Did you know plan-based milk-making is happening right here in our backyard? Cause it is. Elmhurst Milked is a local brand made in our very own Elma, NY. The almonds used in their Milked Almonds are grown in California before taking the cross-country road trip arriving in WNY. The cold milling process takes place a short 20 minute drive from Downtown Buffalo.
So, what is plant-based milk?
All of the nuts, none of the nonsense according to Elmhurst. In other words, there are no thickeners, emulsifiers, or stabilizers in this milk. This milk is GMO-free, gluten-free, dairy free, and vegan aka it’s as au naturel as milk gets. The process involves using real whole nuts to create milks that are more nutritious and creamy.Photo courtesy of Elmhurst Milked
Choose your favorite nuts.
- Milked Almonds- 18 almonds in every glass.
- Milked Cashews- 11 cashews in every glass.
- Milked Walnuts- 8 walnuts in every glass.
- Milked Hazelnuts- 11 hazelnuts in every glass.
Where do I find it?
Elmhurst Milked products are popping up more and more at local markets, including Feel Rite Fresh locations and Dash’s across the city. You’ll even find them at local events such as the free breakfast lectures hosted by CreativeMornings/Buffalo. Pro Tip: Taste test here fo free!
- Lexington Co-Op – Elmwood & Hertel
- East Aurora Co-Op – East Aurora
- Dash’s – Buffalo, Clarence, East Amherst, Tonawanda
- Feel Rite Fresh Markets – Amherst, Buffalo, Hamburg, West Seneca, Williamsville
- Premier Gourmet – Buffalo
- Budwey’s Market – North Tonawanda
- Market in The Square – West Seneca
- Chrusciki Caffe – Williamsville
- Whole Foods – Amherst
Add a splash to your morning coffee, or substitute for regular milk in your favorite recipes. And remember, with every glass you pour, you are supporting a local dream.Photo courtesy of Elmhurst Milked Photo courtesy of Elmhurst Milked
What’s new in 2018?
Get excited! There are new products heading to shelves near you in early 2018. Keep an eye out for Milked Oats, Milked Brown Rice, Milked Peanuts, and Milked Chocolate Peanuts at your favorite local markets.
Address: 1150 Maple Rd. Elma, NY 14059