About Step Out Buffalo
Step Out Buffalo is a relatively new, pro-Buffalo media company. We write about events, restaurants, and entertainment happening in Western New York as well as produce our own events in Buffalo and beyond.
We’re a business that’s still in start-up mode and looking to work with individuals who are self-motivated, have positive attitudes, love stepping out and exploring our city, and are more interested in the community and less in a plain ol’ 9-5 gig that makes them hate Mondays. As professed Buffalovers, we want to add people to our team who love Buffalo/WNY and are interested in taking part in the resurgence of our region. For more info about Step Out Buffalo, visit stepoutbuffalobusiness.com.
Full Time Positions
Digital Marketing Sales Representative
Description: Step Out Buffalo is currently seeking a Digital Marketing Sales Representative to join our growing team! This is a full-time position located at our office in Hamburg NY.
We are looking for a driven Sales Representative who is outstanding with people and can begin meeting and converting prospects into clients. Those representing us need to love Buffalo, be a Step Out enthusiast, be excited about helping local businesses and motivated for personal growth. They’ll also be responsible for managing their book of clients.
We currently have a strong incentive program in place to reward successful Sales Representatives, including uncapped commission.
About Step Out Buffalo
Step Out Buffalo is WNY’s premier online resource for dining and entertainment. We manage multifaceted, advanced marketing campaigns for clients throughout the WNY area.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 1+ year(s) of sales experience that includes client management and retention experience.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to identify areas of weakness or potential problems and quickly implement problem-solving strategies to rectify the situation.
- Strong analytical skills, i.e., the ability to analyze results to determine key findings.
- Must be highly detailed and pay special attention to delivering error-free work.
- Positive attitude.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to drive and meet with local clients.
- Ability and interest in learning and understanding modern digital market methods.
- The desire to work with, consult and help local businesses succeed.
- Generate a list of prospective clients and reach out to them as sales opportunities.
- Meet with prospective clients and convert them into exuberant Step Out Buffalo customers.
- Meet assigned monthly sales goals and quotas.
- Retain current book of clients, meeting their needs and keeping them informed and satisfied.
- Use templates and sales materials to communicate regularly with clients.
- Research and share new and innovative ideas.
- Constructively communicate with other members of the team.
- 1+ year(s) of digital marketing sales experience and/or an in-depth knowledge of marketing and digital media
- Prior experience using HubSpot CRM a plus.
Compensation Package: Salary + Commission + Bonus
Job Type: Full-time
How to Apply: Please email your resume and a list of 3 references to email@example.com and fill out this online questionnaire (required): surveymonkey.com/r/65R8JPH
Are you a passionate go-getter (yeah, we went there) with a good work ethic and a love for Western New York? (All of which far outweigh the need for experience in our humble opinion.) If you like social media, marketing, event planning, public relations, graphic design, Instagraming everything and anything, writing, editing, keeping up with *all* the changes on every platform ever, piña coladas and getting caught in the rain, or just want to get some great experience at a local startup (we highly recommend this for anyone who might want to be a fun-loving entrepreneur when they grow up), feel free to drop us a line! #runonsentancesarefun
Fall 2019 Internships
Posted: May 6, 2019
September – December 2019
- Marketing – Are you interested in learning more about marketing in the year we *actually* live in? (Shout out to Gary Vee!) Apply to work with our marketing team and do just that. We market our website, events, and clients. Must be curious, willing to learn, and try new things constantly, because that’s what marketing is all about.
- Event Planning – Step Out Buffalo now has a full-blown events division, meaning we plan a bunch of events that we would want to go to and have a good old time doing it. Some of our events include the Buffalo Bloody Mary Fest, Live Well Buffalo, and Buffalo Pints & Pierogi Fest. (Disclaimer: “full-blown” means we’re busy af, not that we have a ten-person event team and an amazing office.) If you want/need event planning experience, we can help (and could use your help!).
All internships are unpaid and students must receive school credit in return. (Students without course credit will be accepted on a case by case basis.) We require a minimum of 10 hours per week in the office, located in Hamburg, NY, and a total of 120 hours minimum. We promise to give you some killer opportunities to build your portfolio and learn by *actually* doing.
How to apply: To apply, please fill out this online application: FALL 2019 STEP OUT BUFFALO INTERNSHIP APPLICATION
Fall 2019 Application Deadline: June 14, 2019 (DEADLINE EXTENDED!)