Step Out Buffalo is a pro-Buffalo media company. We cover things to do, events, restaurants, bars and other entertainment happening in Western New York as well as produce our own events in Buffalo and beyond.
We’re a business that’s constantly evolving and we look to work with individuals who are self-motivated, have positive attitudes, love stepping out and exploring our city, and are more interested in the community and less in a plain ol’ 9-5 gig that makes them hate Mondays. As professed Buffalovers, we want to add people to our team who love Buffalo/WNY and are interested in taking part in the resurgence of our region. For more info about Step Out Buffalo, visit stepoutbuffalobusiness.com.
Reel/TikTok Video Content Creator
Type: Freelance Opportunity
Location: Must live in Buffalo/WNY area. Remote, outside of some in-person training you will not regularly come into the office
We are looking for a freelance Reel/TikTok Video Content Creator to capture, create and publish Reel/TikTok Videos and Instagram Stories to Step Out Buffalo’s social media accounts.
- Visit Step Out Buffalo advertisers to capture video content.
- Create Reel/Tiktok videos and Instagram Stories using content captured and notes from In House team, client, and personal research.
- Publish Reels/Tiktoks and Instagram Stories to Step Out Buffalo’s social media accounts.
To be successful in this role, freelancer should have some experience creating Reels and/or TikTok videos that tell a story in a professional, engaging, and fun way. The right person will be comfortable visiting and meeting Step Out Buffalo advertising clients and interacting with them to produce quality smartphone video footage that showcases the business and simultaneously engages Step Out Buffalo followers. Ultimately, you will help us showcase awesome WNY businesses using fun, informative content in exciting industries!
Examples of assignments you’ll be sent on and deliverables:
- The Niagara Zipper & Lockport Cave
- Buffalo Riverworks
- Salon Avanti & Day Spa
- Buffalo Distilling
- Elmwood Bidwell Farmers Market
- Visiting businesses across the Western New York area from Lewiston to Chautauqua based on scheduled visits
- Must offer set availability weekly to meet with clients and publish stories (minimum one half day per week). Openings include Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays
- Must have a working smartphone to record footage and post to social media platforms
- Experience creating engaging Reel/TikTok videos and Instagram Stories
- Ability to storytell using video and text
- Excellent communication & written skills
- Willing to appear on Step Out Buffalo’s social media platforms as needed
Marketing and/or social media experience and/or education is preferred.
Apply Here: Application Link
Full Time Positions
There are no full time positions available currently.
Marketing Intern – Fall 2022
Posted: May 5, 2022
- Start Date: Week of Sept 5, 2022
- End Date: Week of Dec 26, 2022
- *This is a 4 month time commitment – please ensure you can commit to this time frame before applying!*
Marketing – Are you interested in learning more about marketing in the year (month / day / minute ) we *actually* live in? (Shout out to Gary Vaynerchuk!) Apply to work with our Creative Marketing Director and do just that. We market our website, events, and clients. Must be curious, willing to learn, and try new things constantly, because that’s what marketing is all about.
All internships are unpaid and students must receive school credit in return. (Students without course credit will be accepted on a case by case basis.) Interns are required to work a total of 10 hours per week with a hybrid setup of in office and remote work. (Step Out Buffalo office located in Hamburg, NY). We promise to give you some killer opportunities to build your portfolio and learn by *actually* doing.
How to apply:
- To apply, please fill out this online application: Fall 2022 Intern Application
- Fall 2022 Application Deadline: June 30, 2022