If you’ve heard comments (read: rave reviews), come across @establish716 on Twitter, or seen the ads but are still a little confused, fear not. We’re here to explain exactly what The Establishment is, and why you’ll love everything about it – in Step Out Buffalo terms.
What is The Establishment?
Simply put, The Establishment is a learning initiative of MassMutual Buffalo. It’s a place where people like you – maybe you’re new to adulting, longing to take your financial game to the next level, buried in student loans, etc. – go to dip your toe into the deep and sometimes stressful pool of finances. Only while you’re there, you actually enjoy yourself (insert WOW face emoji). Basically they have all kinds of money related classes led by experts who won’t put you to sleep and they’re all free.
Why You’ll love it:
- Drinks are on them – The Establishment’s bar is stocked full of beer and wine (and champs for brunchtime classes!) just waiting for you to enjoy.
- There’s food involved. And it’s free. – Say whattttt? Some level of food from nearby Giancarlo’s is incorporated into every class at The Establishment. Depending on the class, you’ll get to try either apps, a full blown meal, brunch goodies, and whatever else these geniuses come up with in the future.
- It’s so NOT boring – While the thought of talking financials may sound like a snooze, the way these guys do it is anything but. By the end you won’t be able to get enough and you’ll probably end up planning your next class with the friends who were smart enough to take you up on coming to this one. You’ll also tell everyone and their mother about it. If not give us a call, we’d like to study you.
Free Classes Offered (JK they’re all free):
- Couples & Money *NEW* – Let’s be real, getting on the same page as your better half regarding money is as painful as saying no to that third s’more at a Summer BBQ, which is why you and your bf/wifey/hubs/w.e. should check out this workshop where you’ll get the chance to lay some groundwork on this oh-so-touchy subject. Joint or separate bank accounts? Money personalities? The list of stuff they didn’t teach you in high school goes on and on, amirite?!
- Buying Your First Home – If you’re anywhere near doing this, you know how daunting it can be. Where to start? Do I really need a down payment? What can I even afford? Also, am I completely nuts? These guys will school you on renting vs. buying, how to budget for that dreaded down payment, mortgage options (thank god, because ew), and how getting in the home buying game can impact your bigger financial picture. IDK about you but I feel smarter already.
- Beer & Benefits – Dealing with this stuff on your own is, at best, a nightmare. At this class learn how your group benefits work, how to pick a health insurance plan that’s right for you, how to maximize your 401K, and everything you’ll ever want to know about craft beer from Hamburg Brewing Co. Do these guys know how to take the edge off or what?
- Making Sense of Student Loans – Who doesn’t want to learn how to devise a plan to pay off your student loans the best way possible? No one. That’s who.
- The Bigger Picture of Credit Scores – If you have credit score goals – or questions – this one’s for you. Should I have credit cards? What really counts here? And most importantly to every human on earth, how can I get that baby up? Answered. Every last one of ’em.
- Money & Mimosas – Brunch it up with the experts and get educated on any/everything money related! Want to know how the hell you will ever afford your dream home? Uh, yeah. Or, how you might possibly pay for your child’s education? Yes, please!
- Wine & Investing 101– The most popular class to date pairs two things that are both seemingly intimidating but, actually quite approachable if you know what the heck you’re doing. Enter Wine & Investing 101, a supper club style class combining crash courses in both topics. Did we mention there’s dinner involved?
Remember…The Establishment’s classes are free to attend, drinks are on them, usually there’s food to snack on, and BTW these classes are nothing like the Finance 101 class you so badly wanted to drop like a hot potato. See you there!
5110 Main St #100, Buffalo
You might also like…