A large coalition of music industry professionals has teamed up for a multi-week, free virtual event showcasing the local talent across Western New York over Winter 2021.
The music industry was one of the first industries to be shutdown due to the pandemic, and will be the last to come back once things return to a sense of normalcy. With the long winter bearing down on us, the local Buffalo music community has banded together to collaborate on a one-of-a-kind virtual event. As we all know… The Show Must Go On! Over 100 musical acts have submitted to the contest portion of the Shutdown Showcase, with multiple rounds and multiple winners. The artists who proceed into the later rounds will be rewarded with perks such as produced video content, studio time, and guaranteed bookings at local venues and festivals once things resume. The Shutdown Showcase will feature other local Buffalo artists that will not be part of the competition, but are still a vital part of the thriving music scene here in Buffalo.
Round 1: Poll Opens 1/25
Online poll open for 1 week until Monday 2/1
• One ballot per person, vote for as many acts as you like per ballot
• Ballots accessible all week with email login
• Top 60 move on to Round 2
Round 2: Episodes Begin 2/9
- Live premiere every Tues, Wed & Thurs for 5 consecutive weeks
- Airing content created by each individual act
- Voting open for 3 days following each episode
- Top 16 move to Round 3
Round 3: Episodes Begin 3/31
• Live premiere every Wed & Thurs for 3 weeks
• Same Scoring as Round 2
• The coalition will produce professional video content and interview each act
• The Top 4 will move on to the Grand Finale
Round 1 will ask the general public of WNY to cast ballots and vote for their favorite local acts via an online poll at bandtogetherbuffalo.com. Episodes for Round 2 and beyond will air for free as live premieres on both YouTube and Facebook, and will remain up to view on bandtogetherbuffalo.com. Scoring for the contest will be judged in part by a panel of local industry professionals and in part by public voting, which includes multipliers for tipping the band via Venmo or PayPal as well as for voting the night of the episode premiere.