Calling all beekeepers who are looking to advance their skills and learn how-to inspect their hive(s). Tara and Jeff Hahn of Hahn’s Honeybee Haven will be teaching this hands-on class and covering the topics of:
- Use and care of our “tools of the trade”
- When and how often we should inspect our colonies
- Why we inspect and what exactly we’re looking for
- An overview of honeybee pests and pathogens and possible corrective actions for each
- Identifying and minimizing the negative affects of accidental pesticide/lawn chemical exposures
We’ll then go conduct an actual inspection on a colony so that we can review what we’ve learned, followed by a Q&A session.
*Gloves and veils at a minimum are required, by we encourage you too dress to the level you are most comfortable handling bees with.