An extraordinary example of Lombard Romanesque style architecture, this exterior tour of Blessed Trinity Roman Catholic Church is not to be missed! Blessed Trinity docents will lead a one hour exterior tour of the church’s 12th Century Lombard-Romanesque style architecture. With Christian symbols depicted among unmolded medieval style brick and painted terra cotta, Blessed Trinity is a work of art that can never be replicated due to the exceptional level of craftsmanship that is no longer available. Completed in 1928 at a cost of over a half million dollars, the church’s exterior is unusually rich in detail and iconography. The use of terra cotta may be the largest use of the material on an ecclesiastical structure in the United States.
This tour meets at Blessed Trinity Church, 317 Leroy Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14214. Parking is available in the parking lot entered on the east side of the church, or along Leroy Avenue. This tour is approximately one hour in length. Guests are encouraged to bring binoculars for a better view of all the exterior details.
- General Admission: $15
- Explorer Pass Members: $10
- Student Admission: $5
Note that proceeds from each Sacred Spaces tour are shared with the participating house of worship to support maintenance of their historic building.
COVID-19 Tour Procedures & Policies:
- Advance reservations are required for all tours, including for Explorer Pass holders. Walk-ups without reservations cannot be accommodated. All tours are limited to a maximum of 10 people per group.
- Reservations close two hours before the tour’s scheduled start time (for example, reservations close at 8am for a 10am tour).
- Reservations can be made online; please email email@example.com or call (716) 245-3032 if you need assistance.
- If you have an Explore Buffalo walking pass (orange or blue), please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your tour.
- The Explore Buffalo docent for your tour will have a list of tour reservations for their tour; you do not need to print or bring any tour confirmation.
- It is required that both tour guests and the Explore Buffalo docent wear a face covering over their mouth and nose at all times. In addition, all tour guests must maintain a distance of at least six feet from others in the tour group, except for those in their own household.
- At this time, all Explore Buffalo tours are fully outdoors; no building interiors will be included until further notice. Please note that restrooms are generally unavailable during any Explore Buffalo tour at this time.
- All Explore Buffalo tours will be 100% contactless due to our advance reservations requirement (no sign-in process) and tours being fully outdoors (no doorknobs, handrails, etc.). Explore Buffalo requests that tour guests bring their own hand sanitizer to use to follow the recommendations of health authorities for frequent hand washing and/or sanitizing.
- Please do not attend an Explore Buffalo tour if you have are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have experienced COVID-19 symptoms within the past 14 days; have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days; or have been in close contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days. We will be happy to reschedule or refund your reservation.
- By confirming your reservation for any Explore Buffalo tour, you acknowledge and accept Explore Buffalo’s COVID-19 policies.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather. In the event of weather that requires a tour cancellation, we will contact registered tour guests in advance of the tour.
- See our FAQs page for our refund policy and answers to other questions.