Built between 1925 and 1928, Blessed Trinity Church is considered to be the purest replication of twelfth century Lombard-Romanesque architecture in the USA. In addition to its listing on the National Register of Historic Places, it is a NYS Historical Site and was the first architectural landmark recognized by Buffalo’s Landmark & Preservation Board in 1977.
Experienced docents will be on hand to highlight the building’s history and design and share their knowledge of its unique handmade bricks set in a style dating back to the Middle Ages, the extensive use of terra cotta in its construction, and the fantastic array of Christian symbolism found in its sculpture and artwork. The Christmas setting will be a bonus for visitors to this church that needs no decoration. Weather permitting, the 90-minute tourism opportunity will include an interpretation of the building’s ornate facade.
This tour meets at Blessed Trinity Church, 317 Leroy Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14214. Please enter through the church’s east side door which is also accessible from a wheelchair ramp. There is ample off-street parking behind the church and adjacent to the east side door.
- General Admission: $17
- Student Admission: $7
- Explorer Pass Member Admission: FREE
Note that proceeds from each Sacred Spaces tour are shared with the participating house of worship to support maintenance of their historic building.
Tour Procedures & Policies:
- Reservations are required for all tours, including for Explorer Pass members. Walk-ups without reservations cannot be accommodated. Tours are generally limited to a maximum of 15 people per group.
- Reservations close two hours before the tour’s scheduled start time (for example, reservations close at 8am for a 10am tour).
- Reservations can be made online; please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (716) 245-3032 if you need assistance.
- If you have an Explore Buffalo walking pass (orange or blue), please email email@example.com to reserve your tour.
- The Explore Buffalo docent for your tour will have a list of tour reservations for their tour; you do not need to print or bring any tour confirmation.
- Children & Student Admission is for children ages 6-18 or college students with a valid student ID. Children ages 5 and under are free and do not require a reservation.
- Accessibility: Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (716) 245-3032 if you plan to attend this tour and will require accommodations or if you have questions about accessibility.
- If you feel ill or suspect you may be experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please do not attend any Explore Buffalo tours. We will be happy to refund your reservation or welcome you to join us at a later date.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather. In the event of weather that requires a tour cancellation, we will contact registered tour guests in advance of the tour.
- See our FAQs page for our refund policy and answers to other questions.
- By confirming your reservation for any Explore Buffalo tour, you acknowledge and accept Explore Buffalo’s tour policies.