Our Buffalo Without Borders carry-out event will take place over three Monday evenings, 10/18, 10/25, and 11/1 from 5pm-7pm. This season’s featured restaurants are Lime House (Burmese), Khoshmazeh Afghan Cuisine (Afghan), and Garden of Eden (South Sudan). As with our prior seasons, the re-imagined event will consist of three carry-out cuisines for two, local goodies, and a multi-page cultural information and activity packet that features each of the countries.
A Buffalo Without Borders ticket is so much more than a dinner for two, each ticket sale directly uplifts our clients, connecting them with local resources and empowering them to establish their own security and independence.
Every ticket also supports the local chefs who craft the traditional dinners and the local businesses who are filling up our carry-out bags. AND every bag purchased, every cultural packet read, every story shared is an act to embrace our new neighbors who come to live and thrive in our city!
Buffalo Without Borders TO GO is a series showcasing refugee and immigrant restaurateurs featuring festive evenings of carry-out cuisine, cultural activities and much more!
Buffalo Without Borders TO GO will occur in Fall 2021 as a three-night series, 10/18, 10/25, and 11/1.
Fall 2021 Restaurant Line-up:
Monday, October 18th – Lime House: Our season openers are a colorful Williamsville favorite, offering Burmese specialties joined by dishes like sushi, edamame, and dumplings. Master Sushi Chef Sein, runs the beloved local spot with his wife and daughter, combing mastery-level cooking with family values!
Monday, October 25th – Khoshmazeh Afghan Cuisine: Our next featured restaurant, is a pop-up serving traditional Afghan cuisine out of the commercial kitchen at the historic Broadway Market. What makes this night extra special is that Mohamad, the owner of Khoshmazeh, was resettled through the International Institute of Buffalo!
Monday, November 1st – Garden of Eden: For our last night, we will be celebrating the East African cuisine of the Garden of Eden. This new Buffalo pop-up specializes in hardy and flavorful vegan takes on traditional, South Sudanese plates; creating new, plant-based spins on cultural favorites!
Please note: this season of BWB2G will feature general series tickets only, with an option for VIP add-ons. Single night tickets WILL NOT be sold this season.
General Series Tickets are $250 and include the following:
- a fantastic dinner, dessert, and non-alcoholic cultural drink special for two from Buffalo’s finest cultural restaurants
- an interactive culture packet on the country of each night, including a dinner playlist, a craft, a staycation travel story experience, and a wealth of cultural content about each culture
- an exclusive, traditional recipe and cocktail recipe from the culture for you to try and home
- a spice blend formulated by each of our featured chefs to bring some of their favorite flavors to your kitchen
VIP Add-On Tickets must be purchased in addition to a general series ticket and include:
- a bottle of wine for each night expertly paired by a local Buffalo distributer
- a gourmet flavored popcorn bag to compliment each cuisine, crafted by local West Side business, What’s Pop-in’ Popcorn
- a set of hand-poured and painted chocolate truffles by another West Side favorite, Blue Table Chocolates
- personalized thank you on our website
Donation add on: An optional donation ticket will be available to give any amount to support the refugees and survivors of WNY. Gifts given in ANY amount will go directly to supporting and expanding our services that uplift and empower our clients in their lives.