Join us for a bike tour through two of Buffalo’s most picturesque neighborhoods. We’ll pass by the Frank Lloyd Wright-designed Darwin Martin House as we bike the Olmsted-planned curving streets of the Parkside neighborhood. Crossing over the Belt Line Railroad, we will also explore the prestigious Central Park Neighborhood, including Depew and Morris Avenues, where we will see the former homes of famous Buffalo families, such as the Kittingers and Oisheis. Returning to Olmsted’s Delaware Park, we will rediscover the park’s former quarry.
Meet outside the Parkside Lodge in Delaware Park at 84 Parkside Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14214. Parking is available along Ring Road in Delaware Park near the Parkside Lodge.
Bike Tour Prices:
- General Admission: $17
- Children & Students (note minimum age of 14): $7
- Explorer Pass Members: FREE
Bike Tour Policies:
- Helmets are required for all bike tour participants.
- Each tour participant must have a bicycle in good working condition. Please check your tire pressure and bike chains before the tour, and bring a water bottle.
- Participants are required to agree to our Bike Tour Waiver & Release of Liability as part of the online reservation process.
- The minimum age for bike tours is 14 years old.
Tour Procedures & Policies:
- Reservations are required for all tours, including for Explorer Pass members. Walk-ups without reservations cannot be accommodated. Tours are generally limited to a maximum of 15 people per group.
- Reservations close two hours before the tour’s scheduled start time (for example, reservations close at 8am for a 10am tour).
- Reservations can be made online; please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (716) 245-3032 if you need assistance.
- If you have an Explore Buffalo walking pass (orange or blue), please email email@example.com to reserve your tour.
- The Explore Buffalo docent for your tour will have a list of tour reservations for their tour; you do not need to print or bring any tour confirmation.
- Children & Student Admission for bike tours is for children ages 14-18 or college students with a valid student ID.
- Accessibility: Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (716) 245-3032 if you plan to attend this tour and will require accommodations or if you have questions about accessibility.
- If you feel ill or suspect you may be experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please do not attend any Explore Buffalo tours. We will be happy to refund your reservation or welcome you to join us at a later date.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather. In the event of weather that requires a tour cancellation, we will contact registered tour guests in advance of the tour.
- See our FAQs page for our refund policy and answers to other questions.
- By confirming your reservation for any Explore Buffalo tour, you acknowledge and accept Explore Buffalo’s tour policies.
Need help finding Parkside Lodge?
Coming from Route 198, Scajaquada Expressway: Exit at Parkside Avenue, heading north. To access the Ring Road you will need to make a loop through the Parkside neighborhood because there are no left turns to Delaware Park’s Agassiz Circle entrance when traveling north on Parkside Avenue. Turn right on Robie Street, then left on Woodward Avenue, then left on Florence Avenue, and left back onto Parkside Avenue. The Parkside Lodge entrance road will be on your right as you approach Route 198 at the Agassiz Circle entrance.
Coming from North Buffalo via Parkside Avenue: Drive south on Parkside Avenue – the Parkside Lodge entrance road will be on your right as you approach Route 198 at the Agassiz Circle entrance, between Robie Street and Agassiz Circle.