This is a permanent science studio exhibit
Explore YOU presented by Independent Health invites museum guests to explore anatomy and learn about important choices they can make to improve and maintain their health. Interactive exhibits give a hands-on approach to health and explore the most recent advances in medical technology.
Some of the topics and activities covered in Explore YOU include:
- Healthy Choices: Determine how your current choices may affect your future health at the Quality of Health Calculator. You can also challenge others in the Healthy Choices Game Show.
- Body Systems: Using a state of the art iViewer, move a touch screen mounted on the image of a body and explore our different body systems and anatomic parts.
- The Heart, an Amazing Machine: Engage in physical activities to hear and see changes in your heart rate.
- Medical Technology: View X-Ray images to identify anatomical structures and diagnose various medical conditions and use a video system to simulate the type of remote operation techniques used in laparoscopic and robotic surgery.
- Genetics: Identify genetic traits and how they differ between you, your family and friends. Learn the difference between inherited and acquired traits and about the latest discoveries in the field of genetics.
- Science Research in WNY: Learn about the achievements in health science that have been made right here in the Buffalo Niagara region. You might even discover your future career!
See all Buffalo Museum of Science exhibits and events