Come join Foundry Instructor Amina Boyd in the metalshop to make a classic but simple metal trellis structure to support climbing plants in your garden.
This class will guide you through steps of bending an arch, cutting metal, and successfully welding basic design elements with the METAL INERT GAS (MIG) welder.
Class Cost: $150 (materials included.)
Participants will receive their own personal welding helmet + gloves to take home and use in future Foundry classes. Our goal is to maintain a sanitary COVID-free environment and feel that increasing the cost of the trellis class to cover each participant receiving their own never-before-used personal protective equipment ensures a safe environment for everyone.
Class Size: Min 4/ Max 6
This class needs to meet the minimum enrollment in order to run. Participants will be notified of the status of class the Monday prior to the first session. In case of cancellation, participants can choose another scheduled date if available or request a refund.
- The welding class will be held at The Foundry in our metalshop with plenty of space to adhere to proper social distancing. We will be running our vent hoods to encourage adequate ventilation, and in warm weather will open garage doors to the outside air.
- You will be required to wear a mask (please bring your own) and fill out our health screening assessment form.
- Participants will receive their own personal welding helmet and gloves(to take home.) Plenty of hand sanitizer is available.
- Any change with COVID restrictions that require this session to be postponed will be rescheduled for a future date.
- For the safety of our instructors and participants, anyone who does not follow these guidelines will be asked to leave and no refund will be issued.
Cancellation Policy: www.thefoundrybuffalo.org/cancellation_policy
More about The Foundry: www.thefoundrybuffalo.org