The Lockport Cave & Underground Boat Ride in Lockport, NY, on the Erie Canal, just a 30 minute drive from Niagara Falls offers the public an exciting 75-minute guided Historic Walking tour into the Industrial Revolution and America’s past.
- Explore the historic and rehabilitated “Flight of Five” Erie Canal Locks 67-71.
- Watch the boats go uphill at Locks 34 & 35
- Walk through a 2,400 foot tunnel blasted out of solid rock which powered three industries with the water that flowed through it.
- View ruins from the industrial revolution along with stalactites, flow stone, various geological formations and artifacts left behind in the underground caves by the men who built the tunnel and the Erie Canal.
- Experience a one-of-a-kind unique and mysterious underground boat ride that has been described by visitors as both “peaceful and eerie”.