Monday, April 26, 2021 @ 10:00 AM
Saturday, May 1, 2021 @ 10:00 AM
Thursday, May 20, 2021 @ 10:00 AM
Saturday, May 22, 2021 @ 1:00 PM
General Admission: $15
Student Admission: $5
Explorer Pass Members: FREE
This walking tour in the historic Allentown neighborhood focuses on residential architecture of the mid-nineteenth century. Two of Allentown’s most intriguing residential streets, North Pearl and Franklin Streets, feature Victorian style homes largely designed in the Italianate and French Second Empire styles. Located between Main Street and Delaware Avenue, these streets attracted professionals who wanted to combine comfortable suburban living with proximity to the boom of Buffalo’s commerce. Join us for this neighborhood walking tour to see excellent examples of these architectural styles and learn about the history of the houses and individuals who called them home.
This tour is approximately ninety minutes in length. The tour meets outside the Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural Site at 641 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14202. Meet by the Franklin Street (back) entrance of the Site, by the parking lot. Parking is available in the TR Site’s parking lot accessible from Franklin Street or Delaware Avenue.
COVID-19 Tour Procedures & Policies:
- Advance reservations are required for all tours, including for Explorer Pass holders. Walk-ups without reservations cannot be accommodated. All tours are limited to a maximum of 10 people per group.
- Reservations close two hours before the tour’s scheduled start time (for example, reservations close at 8am for a 10am tour).
- Reservations can be made online; please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (716) 245-3032 if you need assistance.
- If you have an Explore Buffalo walking pass (orange or blue), please email email@example.com to reserve your tour.
- The Explore Buffalo docent for your tour will have a list of tour reservations for their tour; you do not need to print or bring any tour confirmation.
- It is required that both tour guests and the Explore Buffalo docent wear a face covering over their mouth and nose at all times. In addition, all tour guests must maintain a distance of at least six feet from others in the tour group, except for those in their own household.
- At this time, all Explore Buffalo tours are fully outdoors; no building interiors will be included until further notice. Please note that restrooms are generally unavailable during any Explore Buffalo tour at this time.
- All Explore Buffalo tours will be 100% contactless due to our advance reservations requirement (no sign-in process) and tours being fully outdoors (no doorknobs, handrails, etc.). Explore Buffalo requests that tour guests bring their own hand sanitizer to use to follow the recommendations of health authorities for frequent hand washing and/or sanitizing.
- Please do not attend an Explore Buffalo tour if you have are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have experienced COVID-19 symptoms within the past 14 days; have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days; or have been in close contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days. We will be happy to reschedule or refund your reservation.
- By confirming your reservation for any Explore Buffalo tour, you acknowledge and accept Explore Buffalo’s COVID-19 policies.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather. In the event of weather that requires a tour cancellation, we will contact registered tour guests in advance of the tour.
- See our FAQs page for our refund policy and answers to other questions.