Join us for a winter tour of downtown landmarks, focusing on interior spaces to stay warm! This tour covers a variety of architectural styles and successful adaptive reuses of buildings in the southern part of downtown Buffalo. Buildings featured on this tour include the Ellicott Square Building, One M&T Plaza, and Old Post Office. There are short outdoor walks to get from building to building, with the tour designed to allow tour takers to spend most of the time indoors. Please note that building interiors are subject to availability and may change from tour to tour.
This tour meets at the Buffalo Harbor Museum at 66 Erie Street, Buffalo, NY 14202. The tour is approximately ninety minutes in length. The entrance to the Buffalo Harbor Museum is near the corner of Franklin and Swan Streets. Street parking is available on nearby streets such as Pearl and Swan Streets, and there are also several paid parking lots and ramps available nearby. The nearest Metro Rail stop is the Seneca Street station on Main Street, approximately two blocks away.
Walking Tour Prices:
- General Admission: $17
- Children & Students: $7
- Explorer Pass Members: FREE
Tour Procedures & Policies:
- Reservations are required for all tours, including for Explorer Pass members. Walk-ups without reservations cannot be accommodated. Tours are generally limited to a maximum of 15 people per group.
- Reservations close two hours before the tour’s scheduled start time (for example, reservations close at 8am for a 10am tour).
- Reservations can be made online; please email email@example.com or call (716) 245-3032 if you need assistance.
- If you have an Explore Buffalo walking pass (orange or blue), please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your tour.
- The Explore Buffalo docent for your tour will have a list of tour reservations for their tour; you do not need to print or bring any tour confirmation.
- Children & Student Admission is for children ages 6-18 or college students with a valid student ID. Children ages 5 and under are free and do not require a reservation.
- Accessibility: Please contact us at email@example.com or (716) 245-3032 if you plan to attend this tour and will require accommodations or if you have questions about accessibility.
- If you feel ill or suspect you may be experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please do not attend any Explore Buffalo tours. We will be happy to refund your reservation or welcome you to join us at a later date.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather. In the event of weather that requires a tour cancellation, we will contact registered tour guests in advance of the tour.
- See our FAQs page for our refund policy and answers to other questions.
- By confirming your reservation for any Explore Buffalo tour, you acknowledge and accept Explore Buffalo’s tour policies.
Winter Weather Cancelation Policy: Tours will be canceled if there is a Travel Advisory in the City of Buffalo, or in the event of severe winter weather that would make it unsafe for the tour to proceed. We generally make the decision to cancel a tour two hours in advance of the tour’s start time. If the tour is canceled, any registered tour participants will be contacted to reschedule their tour or receive a refund.