The Kellogg Observatory has been a part of the Museum’s history for almost 90 years. Named for Jane and Spencer Kellogg, the Kellogg Observatory opened to the public in 1930 and was equipped with an 8-inch f/15 refractor designed by Roland W. Sellew with a Lundin objective. The observatory was closed to the public in 1999 due to needed repairs, and outdated equipment and accessibility.
Today, the Buffalo Museum of Science is proud to open the skies once again to a new generation of explorers. The fully restored Lundin telescope, dedicated as the E. E. Both Memorial Telescope in September 2018, sits under a new durable, aluminized steel dome and is powered by state-of-the-art mapping technology. The roof deck and dome pier are both fully accessible for all Museum guests.