The Green Justice Team is proud to bring back the beloved goats from Let’s Goat Buffalo to continue their work clearing brush and invasive plants they started last September. The festival kicks off Friday evening with a guided labyrinth walk at 5pm, followed by our keynote speaker, Petra Page-Mann from Fruition Seeds, Naples NY, at 6pm and a bonfire and music. Saturday’s activities, from 9am to 10pm, will include
- Nature meditation and Intro to Sit Spot Practice with Mark Chaffin
- Storytelling from the Onondagas with Perry Ground
- Folk dancing with Martha Malkiewicz
- Music concert by Local Americana / Western Swing band The Skiffle Minstrels Saturday 7-9 pm
- Vendor row featuring many local businesses and organizations who can help you to live green (please contact us if interested in being a vendor)
- Reduce & Reuse Basket Raffle
- Food truck and more!
The festival weekend will conclude Sunday morning with a nature mediation led by Mark Chaffin at 9am followed by UU Amherst’s annual “end of summer” service at 10:30am, featuring the Water Ceremony–participants bring a small amount of water from a place that is special to them. During the appointed time in the service, people one by one pour their water together into a large bowl, each person telling why this water is special to them. The combined water is symbolic of our shared faith coming from many different sources.