This tour explores what was once known as “The Hill,” a high point in Buffalo, site of a former brewery, reservoir, stadium and cemetery. Come see extant buildings from the mid-1800s, a neighborhood park, gardens and more in the historic Fruit Belt neighborhood. You will learn how this community advocates for its residents’ health and security.
Meet outside the Johnnie B. Wiley Sports Pavilion at the northwest corner of Jefferson Avenue and Best Street. Parking is available adjacent to the pavilion or on nearby side streets.
Walking Tour Prices:
- General Admission: $15
- Children & Students: $7
- Explorer Pass Members: FREE
Tour Procedures & Policies:
- Reservations are required for all tours, including for Explorer Pass members. Walk-ups without reservations cannot be accommodated. Tours are generally limited to a maximum of 15 people per group.
- Reservations close two hours before the tour’s scheduled start time (for example, reservations close at 8am for a 10am tour).
- Reservations can be made online; please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (716) 245-3032 if you need assistance.
- If you have an Explore Buffalo walking pass (orange or blue), please email email@example.com to reserve your tour.
- The Explore Buffalo docent for your tour will have a list of tour reservations for their tour; you do not need to print or bring any tour confirmation.
- Children & Student Admission is for children ages 6-18 or college students with a valid student ID. Children ages 5 and under are free and do not require a reservation.
- Accessibility: Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (716) 245-3032 if you plan to attend this tour and will require accommodations or if you have questions about accessibility.
- If you feel ill or suspect you may be experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please do not attend any Explore Buffalo tours. We will be happy to refund your reservation or welcome you to join us at a later date.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather. In the event of weather that requires a tour cancellation, we will contact registered tour guests in advance of the tour.
- See our FAQs page for our refund policy and answers to other questions.
- By confirming your reservation for any Explore Buffalo tour, you acknowledge and accept Explore Buffalo’s tour policies.