Take a step back in time to Buffalo’s historic Allentown neighborhood! Many of these beautiful streets include splendidly restored Victorian homes affectionately known as “painted ladies” were built in the 1880’s. Grand and humble homes grace these neighborhood greenspaces, including Days Park, which was enhanced by Frederick Law Olmsted in 1887, and Arlington Park, where Olmsted lived while designing Buffalo’s park system. First Presbyterian Church is the starting point for this tour. We will meander throughout this part of Allentown and end at Symphony Circle, a key link in Olmsted’s park and parkway system. Join us for a walking tour of this charming area of Buffalo to learn more about its history while admiring its parks and homes.
This tour meets in front of First Presbyterian Church at One Symphony Circle, Buffalo, NY 14201. Parking is available in the church parking lot or on surrounding neighborhood streets. This tour is approximately ninety minutes to two hours in length and 1.75 miles of walking.
Walking Tour Prices:
- General Admission: $16
- Children & Students: $7
- Explorer Pass Members: FREE
Tour Procedures & Policies:
- Reservations are required for all tours, including for Explorer Pass members. Walk-ups without reservations cannot be accommodated. Tours are generally limited to a maximum of 18 people per group.
- Reservations close two hours before the tour’s scheduled start time (for example, reservations close at 8am for a 10am tour).
- Reservations can be made online; please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (716) 245-3032 if you need assistance.
- If you have an Explore Buffalo walking pass (orange or blue), please email email@example.com to reserve your tour.
- The Explore Buffalo docent for your tour will have a list of tour reservations for their tour; you do not need to print or bring any tour confirmation.
- Children & Student Admission is for children ages 6-18 or college students with a valid student ID. Children ages 5 and under are free and do not require a reservation.
- Accessibility: Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (716) 245-3032 if you plan to attend this tour and will require accommodations or if you have questions about accessibility.
- If you feel ill or suspect you may be experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please do not attend any Explore Buffalo tours. We will be happy to refund your reservation or welcome you to join us at a later date.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather. In the event of weather that requires a tour cancellation, we will contact registered tour guests in advance of the tour.
- See our FAQs page for our refund policy and answers to other questions.
- By confirming your reservation for any Explore Buffalo tour, you acknowledge and accept Explore Buffalo’s tour policies.