Saturday, May 1, 2021 @ 10:00 AM
Saturday, May 8, 2021 @ 10:00 AM
Monday, May 10, 2021 @ 10:00 AM
Saturday, May 15, 2021 @ 10:00 AM
Saturday, May 22, 2021 @ 10:00 AM
Saturday, May 29, 2021 @ 2:00 PM
General Admission: $15
Student Admission: $5
Explorer Pass Members: FREE
The home of two presidents, Millard Fillmore and Grover Cleveland, Buffalo has also played host to many American presidents for important speeches and other occasions, the most infamous being President McKinley’s visit to the Pan-American Exposition in 1901 that ended tragically with his assassination. Some of the presidential stories in Buffalo are often told, while others are less widely known. Join us on this walking tour to learn about presidents who are prominent in Buffalo history, particularly Millard Fillmore, Abraham Lincoln, Grover Cleveland, William McKinley, and Theodore Roosevelt.
This tour meets outside the Hotel at the Lafayette at 391 Washington Street, at the corner of Clinton Street on Lafayette Square. This tour is approximately ninety minutes in length. Two-hour metered parking is available on surrounding streets, and the Adams Ramp is one block away at the corner of Washington and Eagle Streets. The Lafayette Square Station of the Metro Rail is one block away, across Lafayette Square on Main Street.
COVID-19 Tour Procedures & Policies:
- Advance reservations are required for all tours, including for Explorer Pass holders. Walk-ups without reservations cannot be accommodated. All tours are limited to a maximum of 10 people per group.
- Reservations close two hours before the tour’s scheduled start time (for example, reservations close at 8am for a 10am tour).
- Reservations can be made online; please email email@example.com or call (716) 245-3032 if you need assistance.
- If you have an Explore Buffalo walking pass (orange or blue), please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your tour.
- The Explore Buffalo docent for your tour will have a list of tour reservations for their tour; you do not need to print or bring any tour confirmation.
- It is required that both tour guests and the Explore Buffalo docent wear a face covering over their mouth and nose at all times. In addition, all tour guests must maintain a distance of at least six feet from others in the tour group, except for those in their own household.
- At this time, all Explore Buffalo tours are fully outdoors; no building interiors will be included until further notice. Please note that restrooms are generally unavailable during any Explore Buffalo tour at this time.
- All Explore Buffalo tours will be 100% contactless due to our advance reservations requirement (no sign-in process) and tours being fully outdoors (no doorknobs, handrails, etc.). Explore Buffalo requests that tour guests bring their own hand sanitizer to use to follow the recommendations of health authorities for frequent hand washing and/or sanitizing.
- Please do not attend an Explore Buffalo tour if you have are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have experienced COVID-19 symptoms within the past 14 days; have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days; or have been in close contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days. We will be happy to reschedule or refund your reservation.
- By confirming your reservation for any Explore Buffalo tour, you acknowledge and accept Explore Buffalo’s COVID-19 policies.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather. In the event of weather that requires a tour cancellation, we will contact registered tour guests in advance of the tour.
- See our FAQs page for our refund policy and answers to other questions.