Register your creatively curious little one for PRINTING PARTNERS, a program where students engage in hands-on learning about the book arts. Together we’ll explore: origami, soft & hardcover bookmaking, various forms of making prints, and more!
The program runs for 8 weeks, with one class led each week. Book Arts teaching artist Ruby Merritt will lead students step by step to create folded origami books, stitched journals, hand carved stamps and more. Each class builds upon the other–by the end of the program young learners will have developed skills to create more complicated and unique pieces of book art!
Registration is FREE thanks to our generous funders.
• The program runs for 8 weeks, and students are encouraged to attend all classes.
• Classes will be held in person at Locust Street Art
• Pre-registration for the program is required
• Classes are geared towards ages 6+, younger children & families are welcome.
• Registered students will receive a materials kit for all classes, and keep their kit of art supplies at the culmination of the program.
• For questions and program accommodations, please email email@example.com. Thank you!
Removing the barrier of cost and transportation, PRINTING PARTNERS affords all families the opportunity to participate in high-quality arts learning. In this hands-on program, learners of all ages & abilities engage with the book arts to build their creative confidence and artistic skills. Classes offer students a safe space to investigate basic to advanced forms of book & printmaking techniques alongside professional teaching artists, and work with specialty artist materials to create thoughtful & unique works of art. Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org