On this bike tour, discover the history and hidden gems of South Buffalo. From scenic parks and parkways to landmark churches and schools, this tour will reveal South Buffalo’s remarkable history. Learn about some of the historical figures who have made an impact on South Buffalo and on the City of Buffalo, including Tim Russert, Mayor Jimmy Griffin, and Navy hero C. Wade McCluskey. This tour by bike will be a leisurely paced tour covering approximately 5.5 miles of distance and will be approximately two hours in length.
Meet at Heacock Park, on McKinley Parkway near the intersection with Southside Parkway. Use 225 Southside Parkway, Buffalo NY 14220 in Google Maps. Parking is available on McKinley Parkway and other nearby side streets.
Bike Tour Prices:
- General Admission: $17
- Children & Students (note minimum age of 14): $7
- Explorer Pass Members: FREE
Bike Tour Policies:
- Helmets are required for all bike tour participants.
- Each tour participant must have a bicycle in good working condition. Please check your tire pressure and bike chains before the tour, and bring a water bottle.
- Participants are required to agree to our Bike Tour Waiver & Release of Liability as part of the online reservation process.
- The minimum age for bike tours is 14 years old.
Tour Procedures & Policies:
- Reservations are required for all tours, including for Explorer Pass members. Walk-ups without reservations cannot be accommodated. Tours are generally limited to a maximum of 15 people per group.
- Reservations close two hours before the tour’s scheduled start time (for example, reservations close at 8am for a 10am tour).
- Reservations can be made online; please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (716) 245-3032 if you need assistance.
- If you have an Explore Buffalo walking pass (orange or blue), please email email@example.com to reserve your tour.
- The Explore Buffalo docent for your tour will have a list of tour reservations for their tour; you do not need to print or bring any tour confirmation.
- Children & Student Admission for bike tours is for children ages 14-18 or college students with a valid student ID.
- Accessibility: Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (716) 245-3032 if you plan to attend this tour and will require accommodations or if you have questions about accessibility.
- If you feel ill or suspect you may be experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please do not attend any Explore Buffalo tours. We will be happy to refund your reservation or welcome you to join us at a later date.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather. In the event of weather that requires a tour cancellation, we will contact registered tour guests in advance of the tour.
- See our FAQs page for our refund policy and answers to other questions.
- By confirming your reservation for any Explore Buffalo tour, you acknowledge and accept Explore Buffalo’s tour policies.