Taste the World: Kicks off on World Refugee Day: June 20th, 2021 in collaboration with the International Institute of Buffalo, WEDI and 8 local businesses! It runs until July 20th, so you have the entire month to fill out the passport between June 20th and July 20th!
You’re invited to go on a culinary adventure and explore different flavors of the world with some of Buffalo’s most unique ethnic restaurants.
Learn about and taste the culture and grab a stamp at each business. Don’t forget to share a photo on Yelp and Instagram with the hashtag #YelpBuffalo and #ISupportRefugees and #hashtagstepoutbuffalo
You must RSVP for each listing in order to participate (so we can help businesses estimate quantities). Each business will offer a complimentary unique item for you to try and we will provide a one-sheet with information about the business and culture.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
RSVP to get directions on picking up your passport
Sahar Bakery (Afghanistan)
Pattya Street Food (Southeast Asian)
Yemeni Cafe & Bakery (Yemen)
Cakes by Katya (Belarus)
La Divina Tacos (Mexico)
Nellai Banana Leaf (South Indian)
Apa’s Kitchen (Bangladesh)
Middle Sister Sandwiches (Vietnam)
Complimentary items offered include:
– Taco + pop
– Eastern European sour cream cake slice
– Black bean bao
– Lamb (or veggie) rice sampler + Yemeni tea
– Half sandwich (traditional, chicken, or vegetarian) + iced coffee
– Mango lassi sample + vegetable or chicken biryani
– Hariyali Kabab (cilantro yogurt, pecan, garlic ginger, clove seasoning, basmati rice), or veggie soya biryani with coconut lassi + Jalibe dessert
– Goman, Kik Alicha and Mesir Wot on rice, Sesame Cookie
– Barberry Afghanistani bread sampler