Join us to tour the “Twin Cities” of Tonawanda and North Tonawanda! This tour will explore the waterfront area of both cities along Tonawanda Creek and the Erie Canal. Learn about the growth experienced due to the Erie Canal and the waterfront industry it brought, particularly the lumber industry. The tour will include a variety of historic buildings and successful examples of adaptive reuse in both cities. Note that Explore Buffalo’s Tonawander walking tour is a separate tour in the City of Tonawanda that does not include this harbor area.
This tour meets in front of Canal Club 62 at 62 Webster Street in North Tonawanda. This tour is approximately ninety minutes in length. There is a public parking lot behind Canal Club 62 on Manhattan Street, and street parking is available along Webster Street and other nearby streets in downtown North Tonawanda.
Walking Tour Prices:
- General Admission: $17
- Children & Students: $7
- Explorer Pass Members: FREE
Tour Procedures & Policies:
- Reservations are required for all tours, including for Explorer Pass members. Walk-ups without reservations cannot be accommodated. Tours are generally limited to a maximum of 15 people per group.
- Reservations close two hours before the tour’s scheduled start time (for example, reservations close at 8am for a 10am tour).
- Reservations can be made online; please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (716) 245-3032 if you need assistance.
- If you have an Explore Buffalo walking pass (orange or blue), please email email@example.com to reserve your tour.
- The Explore Buffalo docent for your tour will have a list of tour reservations for their tour; you do not need to print or bring any tour confirmation.
- Children & Student Admission is for children ages 6-18 or college students with a valid student ID. Children ages 5 and under are free and do not require a reservation.
- Accessibility: Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (716) 245-3032 if you plan to attend this tour and will require accommodations or if you have questions about accessibility.
- If you feel ill or suspect you may be experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please do not attend any Explore Buffalo tours. We will be happy to refund your reservation or welcome you to join us at a later date.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather. Tours generally proceed rain or shine. In the event of weather that requires a tour cancellation, we will contact registered tour guests in advance of the tour.
- See our FAQs page for our refund policy and answers to other questions.
- By confirming your reservation for any Explore Buffalo tour, you acknowledge and accept Explore Buffalo’s tour policies.