Join us for a walking tour of one of the most charming villages in Erie County. There is much more to Hamburg than the Erie County Fair and snow! This tour will explore Hamburg’s Main Street, which is a National Historic District consisting of 62 contributing buildings, most of which date back to the 1800s. Along the 1.5 mile route, participants will enjoy the beautiful architecture, churches, parks, and gardens while learning some of the history of the “Town That Friendship Built.”
Meet outside Main Street Ice Cream at 35 Main Street, Hamburg, NY 14075. Parking is available along Main Street and other nearby streets, or in the Village of Hamburg municipal parking lot with entrances on both Main Street and Buffalo Street. This tour is approximately ninety minutes in length and approximately 1.88 mils of walking.
Walking Tour Prices:
- General Admission: $17
- Children & Students: $7
- Explorer Pass Members: FREE
Tour Procedures & Policies:
- Reservations are required for all tours, including for Explorer Pass members. Walk-ups without reservations cannot be accommodated. Tours are generally limited to a maximum of 15 people per group.
- Reservations close two hours before the tour’s scheduled start time (for example, reservations close at 8am for a 10am tour).
- Reservations can be made online; please email email@example.com or call (716) 245-3032 if you need assistance.
- If you have an Explore Buffalo walking pass (orange or blue), please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your tour.
- The Explore Buffalo docent for your tour will have a list of tour reservations for their tour; you do not need to print or bring any tour confirmation.
- Children & Student Admission is for children ages 6-18 or college students with a valid student ID. Children ages 5 and under are free and do not require a reservation.
- Accessibility: Please contact us at email@example.com or (716) 245-3032 if you plan to attend this tour and will require accommodations or if you have questions about accessibility.
- If you feel ill or suspect you may be experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please do not attend any Explore Buffalo tours. We will be happy to refund your reservation or welcome you to join us at a later date.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather. In the event of weather that requires a tour cancellation, we will contact registered tour guests in advance of the tour.
- See our FAQs page for our refund policy and answers to other questions.
- By confirming your reservation for any Explore Buffalo tour, you acknowledge and accept Explore Buffalo’s tour policies.
Winter Weather Cancelation Policy: Tours will be canceled if there is a Travel Advisory in the City of Buffalo, or in the event of severe winter weather that would make it unsafe for the tour to proceed. We generally make the decision to cancel a tour two hours in advance of the tour’s start time. If the tour is canceled, any registered tour participants will be contacted to reschedule their tour or receive a refund.