Join us on this walking tour of history-rich Williamsville! Originally established as William’s Mills, this tour includes one of the oldest buildings still standing in Erie County, the 1811 Williamsville Water Mill built by Jonas Williams. Today, the heart of the village is benefiting from recent pedestrian enhancements. Also featured in the tour is the village’s role in the War of 1812.
Meet at the bridge at the entrance to Island Park at 5565 Main Street, Williamsville, NY 14221, located behind Amherst Town Hall and the Williamsville Library. Free parking is available in the Town Hall parking lot, accessible from Main Street or South Cayuga Street. This tour is approximately ninety minutes in length with approximately 1.75 miles of walking.
Walking Tour Prices:
- General Admission: $10 – A Ten Year Tour
- Children & Students: $7
- Explorer Pass Members: FREE
Tour Procedures & Policies:
- Reservations are required for all tours, including for Explorer Pass members. Walk-ups without reservations cannot be accommodated. Tours are generally limited to a maximum of 15 people per group.
- Reservations close two hours before the tour’s scheduled start time (for example, reservations close at 8am for a 10am tour).
- Reservations can be made online; please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (716) 245-3032 if you need assistance.
- If you have an Explore Buffalo walking pass (orange or blue), please email email@example.com to reserve your tour.
- The Explore Buffalo docent for your tour will have a list of tour reservations for their tour; you do not need to print or bring any tour confirmation.
- Children & Student Admission is for children ages 6-18 or college students with a valid student ID. Children ages 5 and under are free and do not require a reservation.
- Accessibility: Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (716) 245-3032 if you plan to attend this tour and will require accommodations or if you have questions about accessibility.
- If you feel ill or suspect you may be experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please do not attend any Explore Buffalo tours. We will be happy to refund your reservation or welcome you to join us at a later date.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather. Tours generally proceed rain or shine. In the event of weather that requires a tour cancellation, we will contact registered tour guests in advance of the tour.
- See our FAQs page for our refund policy and answers to other questions.
- By confirming your reservation for any Explore Buffalo tour, you acknowledge and accept Explore Buffalo’s tour policies.