This 90 minute tour explores Buffalo’s historic and beautiful waterfront. We begin with a ground floor walking tour of a massive abandoned grain elevator, a complex comprised of 36 individual silos that could store more than 1 million bushels of grain. Hopping aboard the bus we head towards Canalside with a stop at the Long Shed building. Then we experience the Erie Basin Marina featuring beautiful views of Lake Erie and the Canadian shore. We hop on the elevated Skyway to make our way to the Outer Harbor, eventually returning to our starting point.
- Silo tour is 100% accessible
- See craftsmen construct a 73 foot long wooden canal ship inside teh Long Shed
- Discover how a drunken dock worker contributed to Buffalo’s most infamous invention
- Experience the transformation of the Outer Harbor
- Uncover the secrets of Buffalo’s notorious waterfront AKA ‘The Most Evil Square Mile in America’
Tour originates from the RiverWorks complex.