Explore the fundamentals of glass blowing. Students select from di Read more [...]
Event Category: Classes & Workshops
In this quick class, you’ll get a overview of the tools in The Foundry’s shared woodshop by making a beautiful hardwood cutting board from a variety of different types of woods. Beginners enter this class to learn about using the planer, tables saw, router, and sander. Participants leave with a timeless keepsake, a finished personalized cutting board, and a whole new set of skills.
- Safely using woodshop tools
- Matching wood properties with intended use
- Selecting different types of glues used in woodworking and when to use them
- Applying and maintaining finishes and learning which finishes are food-safe
Skill Level: Beginner- no experience necessary. First timers welcome!
Class Cost: $75 (all materials included)
Class Size: Min 4/ Max 8
Ages: 16+ with parent permission
Important Note: To make this class a sweet and short 3-hours for interested beginners, we’ve done the wood preparation for you. Participants get to choose from a variety of pre-glued boards and all the work to prepare wood will be demonstrated in class.
- Please be able to stand for long periods and safely lift 20 lbs.
Please view The Foundry’s cancellation policy: