Buffalo Beer Week is back and bigger than ever! Kicking off Thursday night September 13th (Beer Week Eve) and running to Sunday, September 23rd, Buffalo Beer Week will feature lots of unique events at the best bars, pubs, restaurants, breweries, and other craft beer destinations throughout the Buffalo-Niagara region.
The 10-day lineup features events such as beer dinners, tastings at your local pub, huge ticketed special events, and nearly everything in between. The overarching theme for the 2018 Buffalo Beer Week is “Beer Education” and we aim to celebrate the depth of skill, knowledge, and education required to make our beloved beverage. But this also highlights the growing depth of knowledge of craft beer that our local bartenders, home-brewers, teaching institutions, enthusiast clubs, retailers, and generally anyone who loves beer and it’s many deep and multiple facets. If you are really into craft beer, you have probably discovered that craft beer is a subject of lifelong learning that you will never come to the end of. We encourage venues to plan events that highlight and promote craft beer education in fun and engaging ways. If beer is your passion, learning about it is unique in that it’s a very dynamic, tasty, and endlessly entertaining subject of study & research. Also, while there are many among us who already view Buffalo as a world class beer destination, Buffalo Beer Week gives us the occasion to get up on our soapbox and educate the world about Buffalo as a great place to visit if you like great craft beer.
The initial schedule of events will be made available to the public on BuffaloBeerWeek.comby September 1, and additional events will be added to the lineup as Beer Week approaches. Brochures containing the list of events will also be available at participating Beer Week venues throughout Western New York in the weeks leading up to Beer week.
About Buffalo Beer Week: Buffalo Beer Week promotes Buffalo’s growing craft beer culture by sponsoring a ten-day festival in Erie and Niagara counties that attracts beer tourism, fosters knowledge of our regional brewing heritage, and serves as a showcase for Buffalo’s breweries, restaurants, pubs, and other craft beer destinations. Visit www.buffalobeerweek.com for event details.
- Friday, 9/14 – Buffalo Beer Week Opening Gala: 5-9pm, Flying Bison Brewery. Featuring beer from all WNY Breweries, live music from Leroy Townes & The Panfil Family Bluegrass Band. Food Trucks: Lloyd’s and LomoLomo. Complimentary Buffalo Beer Week Opening Gala tasting glass and tasting tickets included. $20 @ the door.
- Saturday, 9/15 – Pizza Plant IPA Palooza: 12-4pm, Pizza Plant Canalside. All local breweries are sending their world-class IPAs over to Canalside for a whopping hop fest! Free entry (a la carte pints).
- Saturday 9/15 – Buffalo Brewed: 6pm-1am, Imagine Event Center. Buffalo Beer meets Buffalo Bands: Featuring most local breweries and the Americana sounds of PA Line and Black Canyon Lights. $10 entry (first 75 get a free first pint) (more)
- Sunday 9/16 – Brewers Tailgate @ 716 Food and Sport: Meet the Buffalo Brewers as they take over the taps for the Bills opening in-season home game!
- Monday 9/17 – Beer and Cheese Pairing @ Shango: 5:30-9pm. Beer & Cheese Tasting Certified Cicerone Tom Robson of East Hill Creamery and Chef Jim Gaurino team up to pair the award winning cheeses of East Hill Creamery with local craft beer from 42 North, Steelbound, Hamburg and Resurgence. Meet the chef, the cheesemaker, and the brewers – taste and learn. A la carte small plates. $35.
- 9/18 – Drinking in Style @ Trocaire College: 7-9pm. Did you know there are over 80 different distinct styles of beer? Brian Barrows, director of Trocaire’s Brewing, Distilling & Fermentation Science Program, will discuss and offer tastings of beers that have been brewed “to style.”
- Wednesday, 9/19 – 585 Tap Takeover Invades Buffalo Brewpub: 5pm – 9pm, Buffalo Brewpub. Taste beers from Rochester breweries including CB Craft Brewers, Three Heads Brewing, Triphammer Bierwerks and Rohrbach Brewing Company. Taste the Three Heads / Buffalo Brewpub collaboration Altbier! Free entry (a la carte pints).
- 9/20 – Buffalo Beer Mob – 5:30-8:30pm. Habitat Buffalo and the Buffalo Niagara Brewers Association are teaming up for a city-wide local-beer tap take over with Women Build guest bartenders! Habitat Buffalo volunteers will be on hand at partnering bars, breweries, and restaurants to serve beer during Happy Hour to raise funds for Habitat Buffalo’s Women Build. Participating bars and breweries include:
— Blackbird Cider Hall – Blackbird Cider Works (location)
— Colter Bay – Four Mile (location)
— Fat Bob’s Smokehouse – Community Beer Works (location)
— Pizza Plant Transit – Westshore Brewing (location)
— Pizza Plant Canalside – Resurgence Brewing (location)
— Rusty Nickel Brewing – RNBC’s FemAle launch (location)
— Schnitzel & Co. – Flying Bison (location)
— Aurora Brew Works – 42 North (location)
— Hamm & Fattey’s – Hamburg Brewery (location)
- 9/21 – Ballpark Brew Bash, 6-9pm, Coca-Cola Field. Consumers Beverages presents the 2018 Ballpark Brew Bash, an evening of craft beer tasting and fun! Check out your favorite breweries from near and far, sample their latest releases, and get to know the people who make the brews. Tickets are now available at all 17 Consumer’s Beverages locations, the Buffalo Bisons Ticket Office, and online at Tickets.com.
- 9/22 & 23 – Borderland Music and Arts Festival: A two-day music and arts festival with craft beer, culture, artisans and food at Knox Farm State Park in East Aurora. (Beer List) Gates at 11am.
- 9/22 – East Aurora Tour de Pub Card (available at 42 North Brewery, Aurora Brew Works and the Borderland Music and Arts Festival). The card entitles the holder to special local featured brews & promos at participating EA pubs on 9/22 (check back often as the specials will be updated here).
- 9/23 – Happy Ending Taproom Brunches, 11am-1pm, Various locations. The following brewery taprooms will be featuring a Sunday brunch for the closeout event of Beer Week: Thin Man Brewery, Four Mile Brewery, 42 North Brewing, Community Beer Works, Riverworks Brewing, Lafayette Brewing, New York Beer Project, Lilly Belle Meads, Brickyard Brewing Company.