Times vary per day: Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays: 1:00pm, Thu Read more [...]
Event Category: Tours
Buffalo grew from the water’s edge, as the Erie Canal and later the railroads brought unprecedented commerce and industry to the city. This waterfront walking tour will explore some of the oldest neighborhoods of Buffalo, many of which have gone through numerous transitions and are in the midst of yet another change as the city returns its focus to the water. The redevelopment of Canalside and new waterfront attractions are featured in this tour, along with the history of the opening of the Erie Canal and development of the grain elevator and other waterfront industry.
This tour meets at the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel at 125 Main Street (adjacent to the Erie Canal Harbor Metro Rail station). Street parking is available on some surrounding streets – street parking in downtown Buffalo is free on weekend. The closest paid private parking lot is AllPro Parking at 155 Washington Street, Buffalo, NY 14203, directly behind the Courtyard by Marriott hotel.
- General Admission: $15
- Student Admission: $5
- Explorer Pass Holders: FREE
- dvance reservations are encouraged but not required for this tour.
- All credit card payments must be made in advance. Advance reservations with a credit card can be made online until the tour starting time. Cash or checks are accepted at the start of the tour.
- If you make an advance reservation, please print your confirmation email, or be prepared to show it on your phone.
- This tour is between ninety minutes and two hours in length.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather – the tour will proceed rain or shine.
- Cameras are encouraged!
- See our FAQs page for our refund policy and answers to other questions.