Festival Weekend #2 features the Oinktoberfest BBQ Cook-off! Read more [...]
Event Category: Festivals
Colden Festival is coming your way!
Celebrate Colden, Inc., the folks who put on the Colden Festival each year, are excited to announce the festival for 2018 is ready to rock n roll, with several new additions this year.
The Colden Festival takes place in beautiful downtown Colden on Sat. & Sun., September 29th and 30th from 11am to 5pm each day. Many vendors, music and fine art will be on display throughout the two-day event. The event is free and has been described as a “Small town festival with a cool vibe”.
New this year:
• Historical tours of the town on a horse drawn wagon sponsored by the Buffum Association and the Bank of Holland.
• Chili cook off between local restaurants, voted by you, our festival attendees
• Family tent sponsored by Her heART Barn. Bring your kids for some creative arts and crafts. Pumpkin painting, face painting and more!
• Dirty Pour artist event with Kat Stromecki of Her heART Barn. This is a 21 and over event to take place at the Colden Mill on Saturday from 3:30pm-5. Dirty pouring is messy, yet beautiful, no two are alike. This class will allow your creativity to flourish and anything is possible! Choose from multiple colors to allow your artwork to shine. Like the name suggests, this class will be messy, but nothing fantastic has ever came from something that lacked a little cleanup. Please come and enjoy our fun filled, messy creations. Included in the cost will be light finger foods and a special “dirty pour” drink. Cost is only $40.00. Reserve your spot by calling Kat at 716-427-8258. Seating is limited to 25. Don’t delay
• Erie County Book Mobile will be on site Sunday all day
• KITT, the car from Knight Rider, will be in front of the Colden Mill on Sunday
The Colden Festival also features the towns fantastic eateries. Colden Country Inn, Colden Mill, Whelan’s Colden Lakeside Restaurant, Colden Market & Cafe, Last Run and the Colden Country Kitchen will all be open and be serving up their exquisite dishes. Also featured will be the area’s best Chicken BBQ cooked up by the Colden Fire Department.
This year’s Belle Starr Festival will be a benefit for BuffaloBlues.org. Buffalo Blues.org is a “music campaign serving Veterans ‘at-risk’ of homelessness & building an educated community to support the cause.” The Belle Starr Festival begins at 6pm with local country sensation Hintz of Thunder. Buffalo Blues.org will be bringing in the top local musicians for a blues and rock n roll event unheard of. Currently, DAVE CONSTANTINO (remember Talas?) & HAYDEN FOGLE are signed up to be there. More to come. Epic! Epic! Epic! To start us off, the one and only Doug Allen singing the National Anthem.
To stay current with all our events, be sure to check out our Facebook page “facebook.com/coldenfestival/ and don’t forget to ‘like us’ while you are there.
With their roots dating back to 1967, the Colden Festival is one of the oldest art festivals in Western New York. The festival features a juried art show where artists showcase and sell their works. Also included is a vendor area where artisans, crafters & unique vendors display and sell their goods.
Mark your calendars now to join the Colden Community in a Celebration of Community, Arts & Music
Celebrate Colden, Inc. is not-for-profit, all volunteer organization.
Celebrate Colden, Inc.
PO Box 11
Colden, NY 14033