The Burchfield Penney Art Center at SUNY Buffalo State is excited Read more [...]
Event Category: Classes / Workshops
MAKE A CUTTING BOARD
Thursday, August 9th 6pm-9pm
Thursday, August 16th 6pm-9pm
Join us for a powerful introduction to using the tools in The Foundry’s shared woodshop. Making a beautiful hardwood cutting board from a variety of different types of woods is a great way to experience the process of constructing a finished product from rough board stock. Enter this two-session class to learn about using the planer, table saw, router, and sander. Leave with a timeless keepsake – an oiled 8×12 inch board, and a new set of skills.
- Safely using woodshop tools for cutting, sanding and shaping
- Matching specific wood properties with intended use
- Selecting from glues commonly used in woodworking and determining when to use which type
- Applying and maintaining food-safe finishes
Skill Level: Beginners – no experience necessary. First timers welcome!
Class Cost: $75 (all materials included)
Class Size: Min 4/ Max 8
Ages: 16+ with parent permission
- Ability to stand for the duration of the class session and safely lift 20 lbs.
Please view The Foundry’s cancellation policy: