This tour showcases what makes Buffalo unique. From our beautiful Read more [...]
Event Category: Tours
Upcoming Dates:Monday, September 10, 2018 @ 10:00 AMSaturday, September 15, 2018 @ 10:00 AMSunday, September 16, 2018 @ 1:00 PMMonday, September 17, 2018 @ 10:00 AMSunday, September 23, 2018 @ 1:00 PMMonday, September 24, 2018 @ 10:00 AMSaturday, September 29, 2018 @ 10:00 AMSunday, September 30, 2018 @ 1:00 PM
The richest of the rich in Buffalo put their wealth on full display on this section of Delaware Avenue, home to the grandest collection of mansions built in the city. Marvel at these grandiose monuments to the Gilded Age and enjoy the intriguing stories of the families who built them – many were related – on this tour of Delaware Avenue from North Street to Bryant Street.
This is an exterior-only tour, except for the following dates, which include a brief interior tour of the Lockwood Mansion, now part of Child & Family Services: Saturdays, June 16, July 14, August 18, September 15, October 13.
This tour meets at the Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural Site at 641 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14202. Meet in front of the Site, on the Delaware Avenue side. Parking is available in the TR Site’s parking lot accessible from Franklin Street or Delaware Avenue.
- General Admission: $15
- Student Admission: $5
- Explorer Pass Holders: FREE
- Advance reservations are encouraged but not required for this tour.
- All credit card payments must be made in advance. Advance reservations with a credit card can be made online until the tour starting time. Cash or checks are accepted at the start of the tour.
- If you make an advance reservation, please print your confirmation email, or be prepared to show it on your phone.
- This tour is between ninety minutes and two hours in length.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather – the tour will proceed rain or shine.
- Cameras are encouraged!