This tour showcases what makes Buffalo unique. From our beautiful Read more [...]
Event Category: Tours
Upcoming Dates:Saturday, September 22, 2018 @ 1:30 PMTuesday, September 25, 2018 @ 1:30 PMSaturday, September 29, 2018 @ 1:30 PMSaturday, October 6, 2018 @ 1:30 PMSaturday, October 13, 2018 @ 1:30 PMSaturday, October 20, 2018 @ 1:30 PMSaturday, October 27, 2018 @ 1:30 PMSaturday, November 10, 2018 @ 1:30 PM
General Admission: $52
Explorer Pass Admission: $47
Chippewa Street has been at the heart of downtown Buffalo’s resurgence, led by an eclectic collection of restaurants that have reinvigorated this section of downtown. On this guided food tour, we’ll stop at five of those restaurants to sample some of their signature dishes.
From Buffalo classics – yes, there will be chicken wings – to trendy desserts and some more surprising menu choices, the array of food provided on this tour will showcase some of what makes Buffalo a well-known food destination. Buffalo was named one of America’s Favorite Cities for Food by Travel + Leisure Magazine in 2017, and a Top 10 Food city by National Geographic in 2015.
As we walk along Chippewa Street, passing by historic buildings from the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, learn about the history of the neighborhood as it has evolved. On this unique tour offered by Explore Buffalo, you’ll discover treasures of both Buffalo history and cuisine!
Restaurants visited on this tour are:
- Frankie Primo’s +39
- Prima Pizza Pasta
- Local Kitchen + Beer Bar
- The Chocolate Bar
- Soho Buffalo
This tour meets at Frankie Primo’s +39 Restaurant at 51 West Chippewa Street, Buffalo, NY 14202, at the corner of Franklin Street. There are numerous parking lots in the vicinity, and street parking is available on surrounding streets. Note that street parking is free on weekends, but the 2 hour standard street parking on weekdays is less time than needed for this tour. The closest parking ramp is the Augspurger Ramp at 362 Pearl Street, one block away. The Fountain Plaza Metro Rail station on Main Street is two blocks away, and the nearest Reddy Bikeshare hub is one block away at the corner of Delaware and Chippewa.
Tour Details / FAQs:
- Advance reservations are required for this tour. Reservations must be made by 4:30 PM the day prior to the tour.
- This tour is between 2.5 and 3 hours in length and includes tastings at five restaurants. Water is also provided at each stop. The total amount of food provided during the tour is equivalent to a substantial meal. To help keep the tour on time, we ask that you not place any additional orders during the tour.
- No substitutions are available for the tastings at each restaurant. Please be aware that various tastings include meat as well as dairy, wheat, and other potential allergens.
- The walking distance on this tour is minimal: less than a half mile total.
- Due to small food establishments with steps at the entry or inside, as well as stairs at one location, this tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Explore Buffalo reserves the right to substitute restaurants if necessary.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather – the tour will proceed rain or shine.
- Cameras are encouraged!