This tour showcases what makes Buffalo unique. From our beautiful Read more [...]
Event Category: Tours
Upcoming Dates:Saturday, June 9, 2018 @ 10:00 AMTuesday, June 19, 2018 @ 6:00 PMSaturday, June 30, 2018 @ 10:00 AMSunday, July 8, 2018 @ 10:00 AMTuesday, July 17, 2018 @ 6:00 PMThursday, August 2, 2018 @ 6:00 PMSaturday, August 18, 2018 @ 10:00 AM
General Admission: $15
Student Admission: $5
Explorer Pass Holders: FREE
In the heart of the thriving Elmwood Village are treasures and secrets waiting to be rediscovered on this walking tour. Twelve acres surrounded by West Ferry Street and Cleveland Avenue were once the lavish estate of John J. Albright, famous industrialist and philanthropist who is the namesake of our renowned art gallery’s 1905 building. After the Albright mansion was demolished, the property was developed into some of the most attractive residential real estate in the city. We will walk these tree-lined blocks to see remaining signs of the Albright Estate, learn more about this historic district, and how it developed into a residential neighborhood.
The tour meets at Spot Coffee at 765 Elmwood Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14222, at the corner of Cleveland Avenue. Street parking is available on Elmwood Avenue and surrounding streets.
- Advance reservations are encouraged but not required for this tour.
- All credit card payments must be made in advance. Advance reservations with a credit card can be made online until the tour starting time. Cash or checks are accepted at the start of the tour.
- If you make an advance reservation, please print your confirmation email, or be prepared to show it on your phone.
- This tour is between ninety minutes and two hours in length.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather – the tour will proceed rain or shine.
- Cameras are encouraged!